I sincerely HATE Edge

I might live under a rock but I truly hate Microsoft Edge. It makes me instantly become a truly hateful person. Microsoft, come on you have some extremely聽smart (mostly) people working to make Windows a great experience that just works. But when you shove Edge down my throat it makes me truly appreciate that I have a Mac and can escape this hell. If I set my default browser to Chrome USE CHROME. IF I SET CHROME AS A DEFAULT BROWSER DEAR GOD DON'T USE EDGE WHEN SEARCHING FROM THE START MENU. I love chrome 馃槃 not Edge, anyways does anyone know how to fix this? I would like to kill Edge but I don't know how. (Im on Windows 10 using a Mac running Boot camp)

Edge is one of the least offensive parts of modern windows in my opinion, to the extent it鈥檚 my default browser of choice on any windows 10 machines I own.

It just doesn鈥檛 really seem to do anything too obstructive.聽

Edge is Chrome, under the hood.

Personally, I disable Cortana and automatic 'search the web from the taskbar' features entirely. If I'm typing a search query into the OS, I'm looking for something聽on my PC.聽 If I wanted to search the Internet, I'd be on Google. Stop wasting time asking Bing where my documents are!

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

My complaint is how it wants to default to opening everything from PDF's to .XLS inside Edge.聽 Only for the end result to have severe formatting/display errors--and having to open the document in Adobe or Excel anyways.

Of course, it's going to take about 30 minutes to do this either way--since some genius at IT decided once upon a time that a dual-core processor & Tanium was a great combination and nothing bad could ever happen from this.聽 Especially with 8GB ram.

Then you also hate chrome because it鈥檚 basically the same thing. 聽It just tattles to a different company and does it a bit less. 聽Have to admit bing is super annoying. (Sooo much crosspromotional crap on it) and it鈥檚 sheer hell to really get rid of.

Not a pro, not even very good. 聽I鈥檓 just old and have time currently. 聽Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, 8tg said:

Edge is one of the least offensive parts of modern windows in my opinion

when my PC shuts itself off to do a windows update I don't want...

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black聽(with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux聽- Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I need?聽ATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explained,聽group reg is bad

Don't really get the hate for Edge. It's a browser and it works, it has a couple of annoying things, but don't they all?

It might not be packed with the same features as Chrome, but that's no reason to totally crap on it, use Chrome if you're so bothered.

Windows pushes it because it's a Microsoft product, I'm not sure what else you were expecting, that's not a fault with Edge but a fault with Windows itself.

Main PC [聽CPU AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D with H150i ELITE CAPPELIX聽 GPU Nvidia 3090 FE聽 MBD ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-A聽 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB@5600MHz聽 PSU HX1000i聽 Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic聽 Monitor LG UltraGear 1440p 32" Nano IPS@180Hz聽 Keyboard Keychron Q6 with Kailh Box Switch Jade聽 Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight聽 Microphone Shure SM7B with Cloudlifter & GoXLR聽]

Server [聽CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G聽聽GPU聽Intel ARC A380聽聽RAM Corsair VEGEANCE LPX 64GB聽 Storage 16TB EXOS聽]

Phone [聽Google Pixel 8 Pro, 256GB, Snow聽]