SSUPD Meshlicious Standoff Mod Help Required

Marexn
Go to solution Solved by Poinkachu,
16 minutes ago, Marexn said:

Yeap, those look good, but the main reason I'm asking the question is that is there any reason why I haven't seen people using them before?
Like is there grounding issue or that they are more conductive or something? All I'm basically asking is that am I save going with them not to brick my PC?

Well, AFAIK the standoff supposed to short to ground if something happens.
Will using nylon spacer brick your PC? most likely not, since some people build PC in a wooden case or make a test bench using acrylic, at least not unless there's some serious issue happening entirely.

Personally I prefer metal spacer, more robust & can withstand heat more (won't deform in a hot PC environment).
Add a chonky cooler, a chonky GPU, that motherboard (and in relation the spacer) gonna have to help hold those weight.
To the point that Motherboard flex due to too chonky of a cooler occurs sometimes.

Why people not bother with black spacer? because there is no way they'd be able to see it once they put their motherboard on top of it.
Especially so with ITX build.
So they just bothered with black motherboard screw. They'll forgot about the spacer the instant their PC turn on and everything is fine.

Hi there!

I'm looking for black standoff spacers.
I've found kits with M3 Brass standoffs. Now I could paint those no problem, but I also happened to find Nylon M3 Standoffs which were all black... So my question is this, am I good with using the Nylon ones instead of the Brass ones?

Link to PCPartPicker: https://fi.pcpartpicker.com/list/2vWqrD

1 minute ago, Marexn said:

Hi there!

I'm looking for black standoff spacers.
I've found kits with M3 Brass standoffs. Now I could paint those no problem, but I also happened to find Nylon M3 Standoffs which were all black... So my question is this, am I good with using the Nylon ones instead of the Brass ones?

Link to PCPartPicker: https://fi.pcpartpicker.com/list/2vWqrD

This ?
https://www.amazon.com/Standoffs-Assortment-Universal-Motherboard-Installation/dp/B09BD7Y13P/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=Motherboard+Standoffs&qid=1660321119&sr=8-5

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

2 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Yeap, those look good, but the main reason I'm asking the question is that is there any reason why I haven't seen people using them before?
Like is there grounding issue or that they are more conductive or something? All I'm basically asking is that am I save going with them not to brick my PC?

16 minutes ago, Marexn said:

Will using nylon spacer brick your PC? most likely not, since some people build PC in a wooden case or make a test bench using acrylic, at least not unless there's some serious issue happening entirely.

Personally I prefer metal spacer, more robust & can withstand heat more (won't deform in a hot PC environment).
Add a chonky cooler, a chonky GPU, that motherboard (and in relation the spacer) gonna have to help hold those weight.
To the point that Motherboard flex due to too chonky of a cooler occurs sometimes.

Why people not bother with black spacer? because there is no way they'd be able to see it once they put their motherboard on top of it.
So they just bothered with black motherboard screw. They'll forgot about the spacer the instant their PC turn on and everything is fine.

Refresh before you reply

4 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

That is exactly what I needed to hear.
Thanks mate.