which upgrade?

puppo

Budget (including currency): 400 euros 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mainly gaming and programming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  hello. 
Its been a while since i last touched my pc and i wanted to make some better upgrades.
i currently have:
i5 10400

msi mag b460 tomahawk

16gb of corsair ram ddr4 3200MHz

rx 570 shappire nitro+

i spared some money (around 400 euros) and i decided to upgrade my pc, but i have a few questions and indecisions.
im 100% sure to add more ram to my pc (another 2x8 sticks), and with the remaining money i wanted to upgrade cpu/gpu, but idk which.
if i upgrade my cpu i would go with an i7 11700 (not sure if KF or not), or if im upgrading my gpu ill go with a rx 6600 or a rtx 2060 12GB.

the components are performing great but i need more power. which one should i upgrade?

thank you!

3 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

What's the usage of cpu/gpu when playing games? I'm sure the 10400f is still fine so you might be gpu bound 

100%, it cdoesnt get too hot (aorund 60°C), but idk what to upgrade

21 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

100% gpu usage i assume? If it's cpu check task manager to see what's causing that. 

https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/NDvdnQ/xfx-radeon-rx-6650-xt-8-gb-speedster-swft-210-core-video-card-rx-665x8dfdy

This would be a good choice 

oh yeah i waas talking ab the gpu. the rx 6650 is a really good gpu, but its way overbudget (i gotta buy the ram which is around 80 euros).
i was thinking myabe an used gtx 1080? i found one on ebay for 250 euros and its a pretty good deal

21 minutes ago, puppo said:

was thinking myabe an used gtx 1080? i found one on ebay for 250 euros and its a pretty good deal

That would be a good call, close to double the GPU performance. Although since you have a lot of room in the budget you can also consider an RTX 2080

1 hour ago, puppo said:

im 100% sure to add more ram to my pc (another 2x8 sticks), and with the remaining money i wanted to upgrade cpu/gpu, but idk which.

Are you using all 16GB of your current ram with what you already do with the PC?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

23 minutes ago, puppo said:

oh yeah i waas talking ab the gpu. the rx 6650 is a really good gpu, but its way overbudget (i gotta buy the ram which is around 80 euros).
i was thinking myabe an used gtx 1080? i found one on ebay for 250 euros and its a pretty good deal

An RX 6600 would cost about the same price new with about the same performance, if not faster. Probably not more than 50 more and it would give you a full warranty and longer driver support, also less risk of being scammed. It also uses half the power.

An 11700 won't work. B460 and H410 didn't get the BIOS update to support 11th gen.

Assuming this is used for gaming, I would leave the RAM at 16gb and use that money for a better graphics card.

Edited by Pixelfie

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

That would be a good call, close to double the GPU performance.

Are you using all 16GB of your current ram with what you already do with the PC?

yup, i often get max percentage usde becuase i tend to have more things opened at the same time, even when programming my ram tends to go to up to 100%

1 minute ago, Pixelfie said:

An RX 6600 would cost about the same price new with about the same performance, if not faster.

An 11700 won't work. B460 and H410 didn't get the BIOS update to support 11th gen.

Assuming this is used for gaming, I would leave the RAM at 16gb and use that money for a better graphics card.

i really need more ram, and its kinda cheap, so i think its worth

Just now, puppo said:

i really need more ram, and its kinda cheap, so i think its worth

Then that could definitely give a nice performance boost. Just make sure to get a kit with the same bandwidth and timings as your old one, preferably the same kit as you already have.

4 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Then that could definitely give a nice performance boost. Just make sure to get a kit with the same bandwidth and timings as your old one, preferably the same kit as you already have.

yup yup, luckily its really used so i dont have to worry