Only 1 RAM Stick Works in New GPU

NiksNiksNiks

Hello!

I have two RAM sticks and they are both different brands, one is just value RAM (8GB) and the other is a HyperX Fury (8GB), I recently upgraded my GPU from a GTX 1050Ti to a GTX 1660 SUPER, swapped the old power supply since it doesn't have enough pins and all-in-all, it should boot up and run. But no, it doesn't run with two of my RAM sticks, it only accepts one, may it be on different slots, it only accepts one. It run without issue on my old GPU but on the new one it just doesn't run two sticks.

My motherboard is an ASUS H110M-E/M.2

Any solutions on why is this happening? Thank you in advance!

Not something I've heard of per se, but perhaps the motherboard cannot support both sticks and give the PCIe16 full bandwidth too?

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

19 minutes ago, NiksNiksNiks said:

Hello!

I have two RAM sticks and they are both different brands, one is just value RAM (8GB) and the other is a HyperX Fury (8GB), I recently upgraded my GPU from a GTX 1050Ti to a GTX 1660 SUPER, swapped the old power supply since it doesn't have enough pins and all-in-all, it should boot up and run. But no, it doesn't run with two of my RAM sticks, it only accepts one, may it be on different slots, it only accepts one. It run without issue on my old GPU but on the new one it just doesn't run two sticks.

My motherboard is an ASUS H110M-E/M.2

Any solutions on why is this happening? Thank you in advance!

did you have xmp enabled? try clearing the cmos, maybe it will run at stock speeds.

Hi,

I'll check the BIOS for such settings and try enabling them. I'll be back for updates, thanks!

Hi,

Sad news, I tried turning on XMP and stuff but still couldn't boot it up with two. Upon checking further, it does not show that two RAM sticks are registered but only one. Removing the working one from its slot and putting it on the other one doesn't work so we can cross this as a defective/broken RAM stick now.

Thank you guys for the help!