Occasionally Stuck on Mobo Splash Screen on Boot (MSI B660M MORTAR WIFI)

DickyD

Hello,

Sometimes, when I boot up my computer it will get stuck on the motherboard splash screen and other times it will boot up fine first try. The weird part is in order to (temporarily) fix it I just hold down the power button and boot it up again and I boot straight into Windows just fine. Another weird issue is that the computer will not go to sleep after 10 minutes of idling like it is supposed to. I read some articles on how to fix this issue, but nothing was of use. I'm not quite sure where these issues lie, if anyone has any troubleshooting tips it'd be greatly appreciated. I'm going to list my specs and what I've already tried.

What I've already tried:

• Disconnected all USB devices and tried booting
  • Unplugged AC cord, disconnected CMOS battery, reconnected CMOS battery, plugged AC cord back in, then booted

Specs:

• i5 12600k
  • MSI B660M MORTAR WIFI
  • Silicon Power 16GB RAM (in slots 2 and 4)
  • Team Group MP33 256GB SSD (boot drive)
  • 650W PSU
  • Windows 11 64-bit 
  • Running integrated graphics for now

No idea about the sleep bug, but being stuck in the mobo screen... when you do boot up, is the RAM running at the speed it should? Could be a RAM training issue.

6 hours ago, Rauten said:

No idea about the sleep bug, but being stuck in the mobo screen... when you do boot up, is the RAM running at the speed it should? Could be a RAM training issue.

Yeah, the speeds are correct. With and without XMP enabled. 

Kind of a super-long-shot, but you could try re-seating the CPU. Maybe there's a pin or two not making full proper contact?