Musk wants public debate with Twitter CEO instead of that upcoming court trial

Lightwreather

Musk is starting to remind me of Homelander from "The Boys". Except his only super power is his ego.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 6:41 AM, Lightwreather JfromN said:

Summary

Elon Musk, unsatisfied with the ongoing court case over his attempt to break a $44 billion merger contract with Twitter, has challenged Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal to a public debate.

"I hereby challenge @paraga to a public debate about the Twitter bot percentage, Let him prove to the public that Twitter has <5% fake or spam daily users!", Musk wrote in a tweet on Saturday.

Quotes

My thoughts

Meh. tbh, I couldn't care less, I don't use Twitter on a daily basis nor do I care much about this drama. But either way, this statement feels fishy and gives me, "I can't win at court, so might as well try and lie about it in a public debate where such stuff is not easily verifiable. Plus, if they don't agree, I can use this against them" kinda vibes.

Sources

ArsTechnica

Twitter

Frankly this is goddamn stupid - this is a $44 billion deal. This is something the courts NEED to handle, not some public pissing match "debate".

This doesn't just affect the shareholders, but the employees, and countless people who rely on the platform for their businesses, self promotion, etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)