debating between two intel processors for a new build

ommer15

Budget (including currency): 5500 nis (~1670 usd)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: red dead redemption 2, gta v, rocket league, photoshop, illustrator, animate, blender

Other details:

parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/h8zGhk

- its not noted but the case is a k501l argb which comes with 3 fans: so im planning on 3 intake on the front and the 2 argb fans (added on the parts list) on the back and top as exhaust

- ill be using a samsung 1920x1080@60hz monitor i already have

- ill be adding a cooler master ck350 keyboard (i already own a mouse)

my only debate/concern about this build is the cpu, everything other than that seems totally fine. im debating between a 10700 and a 11600k. i found that they both have hyperthreading, but the 10700 is an 8 core 16 threads while the 11600k is 6 core 12 threads. looking at the comparison on userbenchmarks it seems that the 11600k is better at most, cheaper, newer (obviously) and it can be overclocked which.. i guess is an advantage

its only these 2 cpus since their socket fits the motherboard i picked (gigabyte b560 hd3 with lga1200). and yes it supposrts overclocking in case i pick the 11600k. its somewhat of a budget build but im looking for some feedback on it

thank you in advance 

Why not go with 12th gen?

i5 12400f is the best bang for the $ for gaming right now and is even cheaper than older 10th and 11th gen i5 while being faster.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QzCYRv

You will definitely need a cooler as well but since this is cheaper you can fit it in quite easily into the budget.

Or you can even change the i5 for i7 if you want i7 12700f but that would get you up to $1044 without cooler.

Also have in mind that the F processors have no iGPU so they are cheaper than the ones without F. So if you want iGPU that's around $30 more for the CPU.

EDIT:

Please, ignore Userbnechmark. They are an absolute joke, there is nothing to learn from that website except massive misinformation. They are intentionaly malicious.

A 12400 is better than 10700 and 11600, much better single core perf and samey all cores perf on CBR23...

And as you can save on the aftermarket cooler (that you needed but didn't add), overall it's not much expensive

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

thank you both, and yes ill go with 12th gen

now the store im buying from sells a 12400, not 12400f, but they also sell a 12600. would that be a better choice? is there any major difference between the two to make it a reason to pick the allegedly better one?

btw the motherboard @WereCat mentioned isnt available where im ordering my build from, they have a ton of b660 motherboards though. ill look for another one and update once im good with the build. same thing with a new cooler

5 minutes ago, ommer15 said:

thank you both, and yes ill go with 12th gen

now the store im buying from sells a 12400, not 12400f, but they also sell a 12600. would that be a better choice? is there any major difference between the two to make it a reason to pick the allegedly better one?

btw the motherboard @WereCat mentioned isnt available where im ordering my build from, they have a ton of b660 motherboards though. ill look for another one and update once im good with the build. same thing with a new cooler

The 12400(f)-12600(f) are basically identical performance. The 12600k(f) is the only different one as it has 4 extra e cores.

For board get a decent b660 board (plenty great ones for around 120) and for a cooler the ak400 from deepcool is quite cheap and very good

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The 12400(f)-12600(f) are basically identical performance. The 12600k(f) is the only different one as it has 4 extra e cores.

For board get a decent b660 board (plenty great ones for around 120) and for a cooler the ak400 from deepcool is quite cheap and very good

picked a 12600 and a b660m d2h ddr4. for the cooler i couldnt find any deepcool coolers so im thinking of arctic freezer 7 x co

9 minutes ago, ommer15 said:

picked a 12600 and a b660m d2h ddr4. for the cooler i couldnt find any deepcool coolers so im thinking of arctic freezer 7 x co

Get a better board here. The d2h is about as bad a b660 board as it gets.

The freezer 7bis quite weak and not silent  I recommend the arctic freezer 34

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Get a better board here. The d2h is about as bad a b660 board as it gets.

The freezer 7bis quite weak and not silent  I recommend the arctic freezer 34

found a freezer 34, added

how about a b660m ds3h ddr4?

2 minutes ago, ommer15 said:

Better but not great. Any asus d4 board?

4 minutes ago, ommer15 said:

Which shop are you buying from?

I would advise against any motherboard that lacks VRM cooling since it may easily result in a CPU throttling once the VRM gets hot. Also it makes the VRM last quite a lot less.

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Better but not great. Any asus d4 board?

they have a b660 plus wifi d4 but it costs about double the b660m ds3h

4 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Which shop are you buying from?

I would advise against any motherboard that lacks VRM cooling since it may easily result in a CPU throttling once the VRM gets hot. Also it makes the VRM last quite a lot less.

its a local store called tms, https://tms.co.il

edit: obviously its all in hebrew, theres an english button on the top

5 minutes ago, ommer15 said:

they have a b660 plus wifi d4 but it costs about double the b660m ds3h

its a local store called tms, https://tms.co.il

edit: obviously its all in hebrew, theres an english button on the top

OK. I see now. Unfortunately all the cheaper boards seem to be the "bad" ones with little options from other brands.

I understand if you can't affor the more expensive one like https://tms.co.il/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=106620&search=b660 in which case, go ahead and pick the one you linked before.

But make sure to have an active airflow over the VRM so that it stays cool otherwise you may run in some issues, especially if your case has a restricted airflow.

5 minutes ago, WereCat said:

OK. I see now. Unfortunately all the cheaper boards seem to be the "bad" ones with little options from other brands.

I understand if you can't affor the more expensive one like https://tms.co.il/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=106620&search=b660 in which case, go ahead and pick the one you linked before.

But make sure to have an active airflow over the VRM so that it stays cool otherwise you may run in some issues, especially if your case has a restricted airflow.

turns out its in my budget! i can definitely pick it for the build. thank you so much for your help!!