Keep getting random artifacting, but a restart fixes it, I find it unlikely to be the Gpu?

OnlyAxolotl

Having a problem where my screen starts atrirfacting on many different open apps, but only as Im moving my cursor around. For example its not happening right now as Im typing

Happening right now at 55c GPU (65c hotspot) (mem 64c) load 17%

It seems like some sort of windows bug to me.

I also stress tested the VRAM on OCCT with no problems detected artifacts.thumb.png.9e48cd182fc013bffcdc938f0ae796f4.png

The GPU is dying.

I edit my posts more often than not

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

The GPU is dying.

The GPU is fine, in games, benchmarking applications and 3D rendering software, so I dont see how it is

If you say so ... the heavy artifacting is usually a bad sign.
Maybe try undervolting it. Those are my 2 cents.

I edit my posts more often than not

What card is this? AMD in particular can have issues like this where it can be due to drivers.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

What card is this? AMD in particular can have issues like this where it can be due to drivers.

Its a 3080 Gigabyte OC

Like I said seems like a driver issues the card performs normally and doesn't do it under heavy load so I can only assume its not hardware related 

If you feel it's driver related, run ddu to remove all traces of the current driver and reinstall the latest from nvidia's website.

Desktop: Intel i7-13700K / Asus ROG Strix  z690-e / Nvidia 4080 FE / 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator / 2TB  WD SN850x  / 48" Lg C2 & 27" Asus ProArt

Plex Server: Dell OptiPlex 7010 /  i7-13700 /  32GB DDR5 / 1TB Samsung  990 Pro / Ubuntu

Laptop: M2 Macbook Air / 8G ram / 8core CPU / 10core GPU / 512GB SSD

NAS: Synology 1821+ , 2x Synology RS819 = 200TB 

1 minute ago, Cypher64 said:

If you feel it's driver related, run ddu to remove all traces of the current driver and reinstall the latest from nvidia's website.

Yeah Ill definitely run a ddu, it happens at completely random times in the day. Been on the PC for many hours and nothing and then all of a sudden under normal temps load it starts 

If clean install of drivers or windows doesnt fix it, then I would definitely be suspect of the VRAMs on the card and at that point I can only recommend RMAing the card.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

6 minutes ago, Levent said:

If clean install of drivers or windows doesnt fix it, then I would definitely be suspect of the VRAMs on the card and at that point I can only recommend RMAing the card.

I think a clean DDU will do it. I stress tested all the Vrams in OCCT and I use a lot of 3D software and it never happens there

Just now, OnlyAxolotl said:

I think a clean DDU will do it. I stress tested all the Vrams in OCCT and I use a lot of 3D software and it never happens there

I still dont trust OCCTs vram test feature. I would also recommend caution just relying on that.

55 minutes ago, OnlyAxolotl said:

Having a problem where my screen starts atrirfacting on many different open apps, but only as Im moving my cursor around. For example its not happening right now as Im typing

Happening right now at 55c GPU (65c hotspot) (mem 64c) load 17%

It seems like some sort of windows bug to me.

I also stress tested the VRAM on OCCT with no problems detected artifacts.thumb.png.9e48cd182fc013bffcdc938f0ae796f4.png

It would be interesting to see what happens in a different Windows profile and also safe mode, with the same drivers installed. In safe mode the drivers would not be loaded so you may need to figure out how to apply enough load to the VRAM to make a test worth while.

I'm thinking driver or a DRAM issue.

AFTERTHOUGHT: Stress tests mean nothing, I have one DIMM dead and the other dying after passing multiple stress tests that led me to return a motherboard for RMA. One DIMM died while the board was being tested, the other is starting to glitch hard and I don't expect it to make it another week.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!