Tried to install an m.2 drive, now my system isn't booting.

BlindGuyPCs
Go to solution Solved by bmx6454,
40 minutes ago, BlindGuyPCs said:

Fans all spin, RGB lights up on the GPU, but no output to the display. I tried a different GPU. No luck there. 

only other things i can think to try is to re-seat ram(also try with only one stick at a time) and all of the psu connectors, and try with no sata cables connected(grasping at straws on that one). just to make sure, the pc was off and the psu switched off when you installed the drive?

Hello. I tried to install an Intel 670p into my brother's 2700x, rtx 3070 build, with an mATX tuf b450 board. 

I've tried reseating the GPU, removing the m.2 drive, restarting, etc, and nothing has made it turn on. 

13 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

worth trying a cmos clear, if you haven't already

Sadly no luck on that

9 minutes ago, BlindGuyPCs said:

Sadly no luck on that

I tried a different GPU, no luck.

when you say it doesn't turn on, what exactly do you mean? no power or signs of life at all? lights and fans, but no post? or some variation of those two?

3 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

when you say it doesn't turn on, what exactly do you mean? no power or signs of life at all? lights and fans, but no post? or some variation of those two?

Fans all spin, RGB lights up on the GPU, but no output to the display. I tried a different GPU. No luck there. 

40 minutes ago, BlindGuyPCs said:

only other things i can think to try is to re-seat ram(also try with only one stick at a time) and all of the psu connectors, and try with no sata cables connected(grasping at straws on that one). just to make sure, the pc was off and the psu switched off when you installed the drive?

Just now, bmx6454 said:

The memory thing fixed it! I have no clue how, but trying one stick at a time made it work, and then putting in both worked. I have no clue why, lmao, but thanks!

Just now, BlindGuyPCs said:

The memory thing fixed it! I have no clue how, but trying one stick at a time made it work, and then putting in both worked. I have no clue why, lmao, but thanks!

sometimes just a loose connection from messing with stuff on the board. glad it worked.