Trying to power CableMod RGB/UV strip

stellarshy
Go to solution Solved by thrasher_565,
5 hours ago, stellarshy said:

Thank you in advance for any help – I recently purchased this CableMod widebeam hybrid RGB/UV kit without realizing that it uses some kind of nonstandard 5 pin connector for RGB/power. I'm trying to find a way to convert it to be compatible with standard four pin RGB headers. all I care about is the UV portion.

connect the vu to one of the other colors or connect it off 12v off the psu but that will be 100% all the time. could connect it off a fan header too if you have one you can control

Thank you in advance for any help – I recently purchased this CableMod widebeam hybrid RGB/UV kit without realizing that it uses some kind of nonstandard 5 pin connector for RGB/power. I'm trying to find a way to convert it to be compatible with standard four pin RGB headers. all I care about is the UV portion.

5 hours ago, stellarshy said:

connect the vu to one of the other colors or connect it off 12v off the psu but that will be 100% all the time. could connect it off a fan header too if you have one you can control

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links