Backpack: MOLLE on the side? External water bottle pouch?

kenblu24

Why isn't there a pouch for water bottles on the outside? I can actually understand why there isn't one; bottles can slip out, it's not stealthy, it would allow zippers to get lost under the water bottle area, wide range of bottle sizes, etc. But my co-worker has a bag with MOLLE webbing on the side, so he's got this thing: https://www.amazon.com/Gonex-Tactical-Military-Drawstring-Hydration/dp/B01J7SZII4 The webbing on the left side don't appear to be MOLLE/PALS standard. Why aren't they? Seems like that would have given people more choices for how to use the bag, especially since there are others like me who would like an external bottle pocket:

image.thumb.png.34634dcbfa1b6367bf6b94b685115c51.png

image.png.a4dde79b3aee00e840a106b5cf504d51.png

I feel like it should still fit on the side, when i get mine i'll confirm if it does. I personally do not mind it being inside but i see the flexibility would be nice. I know they did say they are making add-ons for the backpack. so maybe they are intending to do some kind of proprietary add-on, idk i sincerely doubt it was done with malice though. that second pic is def off base but i get he got it earlier without promotionals showing all the pockets and uses, i feel like he should have asked at the pop up if he was having trouble finding it. Filling it up would have been the first thing i would have done and that water bottle would have been the first thing to stuff into it LOL.

My name chef

Double-Plus the Molle idea. This Rush 72 by 5.11 Tactical is my current daily-driver at work. It's much bigger than the LTT backpack, but they offer smaller versions like the Rush 24 that are more comparable in size.

The LTT backpack has a lot of quality-of-life features I find attractive. However, user-customization is a big selling feature for me, and the bag just doesn't have that. There are literally tens of thousands of Molle-compatible pouches, bags, nic-knacks, etc. that someone with a bag with Molle webbing has the option of utilizing. I myself have this MYFAK First Aid Kit, a large utility pouch, and a pair of small rubber glove pouches.

You want a phone or compass on the shoulder? Just add Molle webbing on the straps and someone can use one of dozens of phone/gps/compass pouch options. Exterior water bottle pouches? Those exist. An extra pouch for glasses, nick-knacks, etc? Those exist.

You could even make LTT designed-and-branded, Molle-compatible external pouches for all these things.

The best part about Molle is that it isn't hard to add or remove extra pouches as you see fit. These Malice Clips are used to mount various Molle-compatible accessories to Molle webbing are durable, not heat sensitive, easy to install & remove, and are reusable.

The last perk to Molle webbing is that it significantly add to a bag's durability. They form an additional layer to protect against abrasion, and help resist the growth of any tears than may occur in the base fabric.

I wouldn't just argue for Molle on the side of the LTT backpack. I would argue for Molle on every surface of the LTT backpack that is more than 3" wide (enough for two loops in a single row of Molle webbing). Perhaps something to consider for version two of the backpack?