New Build only posting with CSM enabled

Paddo

It's me again!

I've built a new PC (R5 5600x, B550 Aorus Elite V2, ZOTAC RTX 3070) and it's only POSTing when CSM is enabled.

Same thing happend yesterday with a different build (R9 5900x, ROG Strix B550-F gaming, ASUS TUF RTX 3080Ti)

Newest BIOS on both Mainboards.

When I disable CSM I get GPU Error Beep-Codes.

I'm at a loss here...

Are you sure that that 3070 is not a fake? you could have been GPU-Swapped. 3070 is UEFI-Boot compatible, where the most common faked GPUs are not UEFI-Boot compliant. Could you post a picture of said GPU?

Ryzen 9 5950X Gigabyte Aorus Elite B550 V2  MSI RX 6750XT Corsair HX1200 3xLL120 Fans 7xA12x25 Fans 5000D Airflow Vengeance RGB PRO 1.450 @ 4133MHz CPU Cooler: NH-U12A

Just leave it on.

It's a compatibility mode,so if your system doesn't post without it then you may have a component that isn't compatible with UEFI.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Also, try the GPU in slot 2 if you have one. Maybe Slot 1 is borked up. Do you also have pre-2014 Components still inside?

Ryzen 9 5950X Gigabyte Aorus Elite B550 V2  MSI RX 6750XT Corsair HX1200 3xLL120 Fans 7xA12x25 Fans 5000D Airflow Vengeance RGB PRO 1.450 @ 4133MHz CPU Cooler: NH-U12A

7 minutes ago, The_Hackintosh said:

Are you sure that that 3070 is not a fake? you could have been GPU-Swapped. 3070 is UEFI-Boot compatible, where the most common faked GPUs are not UEFI-Boot compliant. Could you post a picture of said GPU?

I'm sure they are no fakes. I work at a small store so we get them from our distributors and they get the cards directly from the manufacturers.

6 minutes ago, The_Hackintosh said:

Also, try the GPU in slot 2 if you have one. Maybe Slot 1 is borked up. Do you also have pre-2014 Components still inside?

No pre-2014 components inside. All 2021 or newer. I've tried the other slots with the 3080Ti build but ran in to the same problem.

Just now, Paddo said:

I'm sure they are no fakes. I work at a small store so we get them from our distributors and they get the cards directly from the manufacturers.

No pre-2014 components inside. All 2021 or newer. I've tried the other slots with the 3080Ti build but ran in to the same problem.

Yeah, just maing sure, kiddo next door at my house got GPU-swapped thats why i wondered. If it bugs you not having UEFI Boot (like it would me) then Send the Mobo in for RMA, if it does not leave it on. I cannot say for sure though, you could see if ppl with similar setups/Mobos had this problem also.

1 hour ago, The_Hackintosh said:

Yeah, just maing sure, kiddo next door at my house got GPU-swapped thats why i wondered.

It's a valid concern.
The only posts I found so far are with the opposite problem, not POSTing when CSM is enabled.
I've also tried updating the vBIOS of the GPU just now but no luck.
Guess CSM is going to stay enabled for now...