New Mouse For All Round Use

DanReynolds
Go to solution Solved by Toby,

For those games would you want the M45 or the G400s. Both the M65 and G500s hold the position of being more expensive models with more features, but worse sensors (fine for non-FPS, inferior for FPS).

With that budget there's really very little limit to what you could get. Again, keeping in mind the games you play...

Logitech G400s

Logitech G502 (you'll have to wait a bit for this one in the UK)

Logitech G602

Razer Deathadder

Roccat Kone Pure Optical

Roccat Savu

Mionix Naos 7000

Mionix Avior 7000

CM Storm Recon

Zowie AM

Zowie FG

Zowie EC1 Evo CL (or non-CL, whichever)

Steelseries Rival

That just about covers the best mice you're going to find for shooters.

Hi everyone, 
I'm in need of a new mouse and would like some help on choosing the best mouse for all round use, I game often but not too much, I program, photo edit etc...

I currently have a R.A.T 3 (I know it's not great).

I'm from the UK and am looking at spending £40-£70 (75CD-130CD)

Obviously the lower the cost the better!

I'd like to welcome you to the forum. Enjoy your stay.

A rat 3 isn't that bad. But if you want a good mice i recommend the Razer Death Adder 2013 for 60 Pounds. http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Peripherals/Mice/Gaming/Razer+Deathadder+2013+Ergonomic+Gaming+Mouse+?productId=58149&source=skinflint

Hi everyone, 

I'm in need of a new mouse and would like some help on choosing the best mouse for all round use, I game often but not too much, I program, photo edit etc...

I currently have a R.A.T 3 (I know it's not great).

I'm from the UK and am looking at spending £40-£70 (75CD-130CD)

Obviously the lower the cost the better!

Welcome to the forums! 

First of all, why are you buying a new mouse? I think the R.A.T. 3 is just fine for the things you use it for. If you definitely want a new one, what kind of games do you play?

Wi RoZ

Welcome to the forums! 

First of all, why are you buying a new mouse? I think the R.A.T. 3 is just fine for the things you use it for. If you definitely want a new one, what kind of games do you play?

Hi thanks for the quick reply's, yes I like the R.A.T 3 I just though people would mock me for not having a crazy good mouse atm... 

The reason for a new mouse is the fact that the mouse is starting to like peel and not feel nice when I hold it.

I play ArmA 3, PayDay 2, TC Ghost Recon Phantoms, Splinter Cell Blacklist, CoD Black Ops, Skyrim. A vast range of games really! 

Hi thanks for the quick reply's, yes I like the R.A.T 3 I just though people would mock me for not having a crazy good mouse atm... 

The reason for a new mouse is the fact that the mouse is starting to like peel and not feel nice when I hold it.

I play ArmA 3, PayDay 2, TC Ghost Recon Phantoms, Splinter Cell Blacklist, CoD Black Ops, Skyrim. A vast range of games really! 

Well, in that case I would also recommend the Death Adder and the M65

Wi RoZ

I can strongly recommend the Logitech G502.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

I can strongly recommend the Logitech G502.

I was actually not long ago watching the review on this, looks sweet!

For those games would you want the M45 or the G400s. Both the M65 and G500s hold the position of being more expensive models with more features, but worse sensors (fine for non-FPS, inferior for FPS).

With that budget there's really very little limit to what you could get. Again, keeping in mind the games you play...

Logitech G400s

Logitech G602

Razer Deathadder

Roccat Kone Pure Optical

Roccat Savu

Mionix Naos 7000

Mionix Avior 7000

CM Storm Recon

Zowie AM

Zowie FG

Steelseries Rival

The Logitech G602 is highly recommended as an all around good mouse, if you don't mind it being wireless. The programmable buttons are extremely useful, not just for gaming, but for other programs as well. I have mine bound to: back, forward (In web and file browsers), copy, paste, undo and redo. Also its very comfortable for a palm style grip. You can pick it up for around £55 in Amazon

Also, welcome to the forum!

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

Logitech G400s

Logitech G602

Razer Deathadder

Roccat Kone Pure Optical

Roccat Savu

Mionix Naos 7000

Mionix Avior 7000

CM Storm Recon

Zowie AM

Zowie FG

Steelseries Rival

The Logitech G602 is highly recommended as an all around good mouse, if you don't mind it being wireless. The programmable buttons are extremely useful, not just for gaming, but for other programs as well. I have mine bound to: back, forward (In web and file browsers), copy, paste, undo and redo. Also its very comfortable for a palm style grip. You can pick it up for around £55 in Amazon

Also, welcome to the forum!

I'm liking the look of the Logitech's and their build quality seems good because i've had the G510 keyboard for a while now.

Would i be right to say that the G502 spec's wise is better?

I wouldn't mind the wait! :D

I'm liking the look of the Logitech's and their build quality seems good because i've had the G510 keyboard for a while now.

Compared to the G602, yes I think so. But in practice you probably won't notice much of a difference. Also the G502 looks more awesome too!

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

Compared to the G602, yes I think so. But in practice you probably won't notice much of a difference. Also the G502 looks more awesome too!

Sweet, well thanks guys, I've been given loads of mice to look at here so i'll mark it as solved, thanks very much for all your help! :D 

Better than what? The G602? Not necessarily. You straight-up shouldn't be using more than 2500DPI (possible exceptions being 4k/8k monitors or multi-monitor setups) and I'm not aware of either sensor having flaws, so they should be equally as good.

If you want wireless capability and more side buttons, probably look to the G602. If you'd rather have wired/not have to worry about batteries, don't mind losing some side-buttons and like the hyper-scroll wheel, wait for the G502.

Better than what? The G602? Not necessarily. You straight-up shouldn't be using more than 2500DPI (possible exceptions being 4k/8k monitors or multi-monitor setups) and I'm not aware of either sensor having flaws, so they should be equally as good.

If you want wireless capability and more side buttons, probably look to the G602. If you'd rather have wired/not have to worry about batteries, don't mind losing some side-buttons and like the hyper-scroll wheel, wait for the G502.

The G502 supports 1000Hz polling rate though and higher malfunction speeds.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

The G502 supports 1000Hz polling rate though and higher malfunction speeds.

I'd forgotten about the lower polling rate on the G602. Is the malfunction speed realistically reachable, though?

I'd forgotten about the lower polling rate on the G602. Is the malfunction speed realistically reachable, though?

I'm not sure, but the G502 is malfunction proof :D