[SATA SSD] WD Blue or MX500?

Filingo

Hello

Such SSD is better? The MX500 or the WD Blue SA510 (WDS500G3B0A)

Couldn't find too much information on the new generation of the WD blue SA510

Ty

I would go with the MX500. It's one of the best SATA SSD's available, and also one of the most popular ones. I have it myself too and it's great.

They are about the same so get the one on sale.

I mainly use Crucial because I have ones(MX300) that I bought in 2016 that are still doing fine.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

thanks everyone! Btw, does anyone know the difference between the new gen WD blue and the old gen? Couldn't find any info - or I Should create a new post for that?

7 hours ago, Filingo said:

thanks everyone! Btw, does anyone know the difference between the new gen WD blue and the old gen? Couldn't find any info - or I Should create a new post for that?

i thought even the previous WD Blue is not recommended since they took out the DRAM ?

6 hours ago, worstalentscout said:

i thought even the previous WD Blue is not recommended since they took out the DRAM ?

they took it out??? damn. I only considered it because I thought it has DRAM

4 hours ago, Filingo said:

they took it out??? damn. I only considered it because I thought it has DRAM

that's what i read on a few forums.................and WD has a history of switching out parts secretly..........

i think the MX500 is better............i have 3 of them...........oldest one from 2019...........

2 hours ago, worstalentscout said:

that's what i read on a few forums.................and WD has a history of switching out parts secretly..........

i think the MX500 is better............i have 3 of them...........oldest one from 2019...........

going with the mx, ty!

I have used both and they have been fine. Never had a complain for customers. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD