2070 Super vs 3060

Hi everyone. I'm building my first pc, and I've come across a used 2070 Super (Gigabyte Gaming OC 3X 8g) for 370 euros. The lowest new 3060 i can find in France is the MSI Ventus 2x for 430 euros (for reference).

I've used gpu.userbenchmark.com to compare the 2070 Super and the 3060 and it said that the 2070S had better scores. Is this site trustworthy? Does the small advantage in this benchmark translate well to games?

First off, if it were up to me I would get the 2070 super because, yes, it does perform a little better than the 3060 does. However, I would be wary of where you are buying it from and make sure that it is a reliable seller. There's nothing worse than getting a new GPU and finding out it doesn't work, however unlikely it is. 

CPU: I7 10700k

Ram: 16 gb corsair rgb vengeance pro 3200 mhz

PSU: Evga fully modular 750 watt gold rated

Motherboard: Asus TUF gaming b560m plus wifi

Boot Drive: Samsung EVO 970 plus 1 tb ssd, more than half storage left

Storage HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4 tb, more than half storage left

Case: Corsair 220t with 3 Corsair sp 120 front fans

CPU Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black

GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming 3060 ti 8 gb

5 minutes ago, Sisig said:

Hi everyone. I'm building my first pc, and I've come across a used 2070 Super (Gigabyte Gaming OC 3X 8g) for 370 euros. The lowest new 3060 i can find in France is the MSI Ventus 2x for 430 euros (for reference).

I've used gpu.userbenchmark.com to compare the 2070 Super and the 3060 and it said that the 2070S had better scores. Is this site trustworthy? Does the small advantage in this benchmark translate well to games?

it might make a differeance bewteen 15-25 frames in some games some games more it depends but as far as ray tracing it would be better to get the 2070s. also dont trust userbenchmark its legit makes 0 sense.

overall id get the 2070s just make sure it works 

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

The 2070S is better and also the MSI Ventus 3060 is one of the worst models (the cooler absolutely sux) so I would not recommend that one at all.

yes the cooler is garbage i had a 2060s one and the heatsink screws to the cooler got stripped by them selves and the cooler pretty much the whole card fell apart and i had to use zip ties

2 minutes ago, DarthBudgie said:

yes the cooler is garbage i had a 2060s one and the heatsink screws to the cooler got stripped by them selves and the cooler pretty much the whole card fell apart and i had to use zip ties

Wait a second, why does userbenchmark not make sense, I though it was a trustworhy site?

Just now, JacktheHack994 said:

Wait a second, why does userbenchmark not make sense, I though it was a trustworhy site?

its easier if i send you this

2 minutes ago, DarthBudgie said:

its easier if i send you this

well alright then, dont pay any attention to my initial post then

2 minutes ago, JacktheHack994 said:

Userbenchmakr is not trustworthy at all. They are absolutely biased against AMD and their own testing often contradicts itself even not taking AMD into account.

They constantly keep changing their testing to make whatever they like appear to be better and their written articles are a joke.

If you don't care about having no warranty, go for the 2070 Super. Just make sure to see it working before buying. See it run games at good performance levels, load up GPU-Z, etc.

Or, if you are fine with going AMD: The RX 6600 XT is usually cheaper than both while performing better, and it has a warranty too since you can buy them new.

Edit:

Here is an RX 6600 XT for €379. Or, you could get an RX 6650 XT for €400. And don't use Userbenchmark. Use the Tomshardware GPU HierarchyHardware UnboxedGamers Nexus, etc. for good GPU benchmarks.

Edited by Pixelfie

Just now, JacktheHack994 said:

well alright then, dont pay any attention to my initial post then

well, sill the 2070s is better so...