Unable to INSTALL WINDOWS

Cyguns
Go to solution Solved by MLConian,
6 hours ago, Cyguns said:

This is the STOP code: 0x0000007A (0xFFFFF6FC4000F940, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000185, 0x00000000945E1860, 0xFFFFF88001F28D40)

Yeah, that points towards either bad RAM or bad sectors on your drive. If the board has onboard diagnostics, try to run that to narrow down the issue, but if it pops up as soon as the Windows installer starts, it's probably your RAM - if it only pops up after the installer actually starts installing Windows, chances are the drive is a goner.

Hi, I have been trying to install Windows 10 on a different hard drive via a bootable USB but I keep getting an error saying "Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure the installation sources are valid and restart the installation." So far, I have tried recreating the bootable USB but this error still occurs. How can I fix this?

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Might wanna try a different usb or usb port

I tried a different port and unfortunately, same result. I don't have another USB at hand so I won't be able to try at the moment.

19 minutes ago, Cyguns said:

I tried a different port and unfortunately, same result. I don't have another USB at hand so I won't be able to try at the moment.

You are using the official bootable usb maker from micorsoft right?

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You are using the official bootable usb maker from micorsoft right?

Yep I was using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. I am now trying to download the ISO instead and using Rufus to make it bootable.

You might be trying to install Windows on a system that has a particular Windows licence in the BIOS. On some systems with an OEM licence you need to tell the Windows installer that it needs to look for an OEM licence, not just a Home licence.

In order to do this, use notepad to create a new file and paste this into the contents:

-[Channel]
-OEM

Save the file as ei.cfg and then copy it to the 'sources' folder on your installation media. You may get a message saying the file already exists, just replace it.

40 minutes ago, MLConian said:

You might be trying to install Windows on a system that has a particular Windows licence in the BIOS. On some systems with an OEM licence you need to tell the Windows installer that it needs to look for an OEM licence, not just a Home licence.

In order to do this, use notepad to create a new file and paste this into the contents:

-[Channel]
-OEM

Save the file as ei.cfg and then copy it to the 'sources' folder on your installation media. You may get a message saying the file already exists, just replace it.

I will try this tomorrow and I will let you know if it works.

11 hours ago, MLConian said:

-[Channel]
-OEM

I just tried it and it gives an error saying "Windows could not display images available for installation."

11 hours ago, Cyguns said:

I just tried it and it gives an error saying "Windows could not display images available for installation."

That would indicate a damaged ISO, or a non-compatible WIM file. Strange!

You could see if changing the contents of your EI.CFG to this would help: (this should give you a full menu of versions to install)

[Channel]
volume

[VL]

1 hour ago, MLConian said:

You could see if changing the contents of your EI.CFG to this would help: (this should give you a full menu of versions to install)

[Channel]
volume

[VL]

I will give this a shot later and I will update you.

10 hours ago, MLConian said:

[Channel]
volume

[VL]

I get the same error as before saying "Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure the installation sources are valid and restart the installation." Is the .cfg file case sensitive? I have been putting in ei.cfg.

On 7/29/2022 at 11:07 PM, MLConian said:

[Channel]
volume

[VL]

I tried installing Windows 7 first and updating it to Windows 10 after but I get a blue screen while installing saying "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR." Could all of this be a memory issue?

I tried installing Windows 7 first and updating it to Windows 10 after but I get a blue screen while installing saying "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR." Could all of this be a memory issue?

What error status does that error give you in the system logs?

12 hours ago, MLConian said:

What error status does that error give you in the system logs?

I get the blue screen when installing Windows 7. I get the error during the install stage.

12 minutes ago, Cyguns said:

I get the blue screen when installing Windows 7. I get the error during the install stage.

There should be a "Technical Information" section on the BSoD, the first thing it says after "STOP" should be the error code you'd otherwise look up in the syslog.

45 minutes ago, MLConian said:

There should be a "Technical Information" section on the BSoD, the first thing it says after "STOP" should be the error code you'd otherwise look up in the syslog.

This is the STOP code: 0x0000007A (0xFFFFF6FC4000F940, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000185, 0x00000000945E1860, 0xFFFFF88001F28D40)

Yeah, that points towards either bad RAM or bad sectors on your drive. If the board has onboard diagnostics, try to run that to narrow down the issue, but if it pops up as soon as the Windows installer starts, it's probably your RAM - if it only pops up after the installer actually starts installing Windows, chances are the drive is a goner.

10 hours ago, MLConian said:

I ran the onboard diagnostics and it seems like the hard drive is the issue. Thanks for the help!