RGB compatibility between manufactureres

RandomNeedsHelp

Hi,

im a bit unsure of RGB compatibility. I know the differences between 5v/12v argb/rgb 3pin/4pin, but im a bit confused whether different manufactureres are compatible with each other, ive read especially corsair + lianli. Luckily I dont have any Corsair/lianli products, but im a bit worried its for other companies aswell? I want a use a 3rd party rgb header with alphacool + ek waterblocks rgb, aswell as rgb fans (dont know which one yet, but i guess i cant use corsair or lian li?). Is this even possible, or do i have to use the same company or at least multiple rgb headers from all of them, for the rgb to work properly.

Thanks for any tips!

edit: I meant rgb hub, not header.

52 minutes ago, RandomNeedsHelp said:

Hi,

im a bit unsure of RGB compatibility. I know the differences between 5v/12v argb/rgb 3pin/4pin, but im a bit confused whether different manufactureres are compatible with each other, ive read especially corsair + lianli. Luckily I dont have any Corsair/lianli products, but im a bit worried its for other companies aswell? I want a use a 3rd party rgb header with alphacool + ek waterblocks rgb, aswell as rgb fans (dont know which one yet, but i guess i cant use corsair or lian li?). Is this even possible, or do i have to use the same company or at least multiple rgb headers from all of them, for the rgb to work properly.

Thanks for any tips!

edit: I meant rgb hub, not header.

corsair uses there own connector and lian li uses jst-sm connector so you would need to buy adapter cables to make it work or make your own. as for hooking non corsair argb to there controller it might work or it might not work fully but there another adapter you can buy to fix that problem. for lian li i dont no but they use the stander jst-sm connectors that on most long rolls of strips and there common.

corsair are DuPont connectors that have a lock on it but regular DuPont will work just wont latch. even thow corsair argb is 4 pin you can still hook 3pin to it.

nzxt is even worse i would avoid them. one of them need a resister attached to a ground to make it work...

then there's some animations deigned around a a set amount of leds and having less or more might make it not look right.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Rumor has it that Lian Li controllers/hubs allow pass through, so you can use Mobo controls, if that's more your jam. I have 2 Corsair hubs (1 for the AIO + 5 fans, another for 4 more fans) and the wiring is a PITA. For this reason alone I am really thinking about switching to Lian Li fans so they can be daisy chained and reduce the amount of cables. I know that's a very first world problem, especially since no one sees the cabling - my management was pretty solid, if you ask me - but it's just a personal preference.