First timer builder - USD$1180 RTX build - Power Supply and general review of build?

Hello everyone!

So I've put together a list of parts that fit my budget, I'm not sure about the power supply and my budgeting priorities - is this an O.K build? I'm really not sure, but what I'm looking for is putting together my first ever gaming PC.

PC will be used for gaming, and light browser-based work since I work remotely

Using one 1080p ultrawide monitor.

Here's my list - prices are in USD converted from my local currency Romanian Leu.

ASRock B550M Pro4 $110

Cheapest positively reviewed MOBO that I picked because of a GamersNexus review.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X $227

I was going to pick a R7 5700X - but since it doesn't come with a cooler, I'd need to spend another $100 on that - so I figured I wouldn't need the extra 2 cores that it comes with.

PNY GeForce® RTX™ 3060 XLR8 Gaming REVEL EPIC-X $463

I read on here and other parts of reddit that PNY is a good brand, not bad, this is the cheapest 3060 I could find honestly!

NZXT H510 Flow $112

I think I could get the H510 regular, but think this would be better for airflow.

NZXT C Series C650 $101

The power supply I'm really doubtful of

Kingston FURY Beast 16GB DDR4 3200MHz $70

Best budget option I could find that fits the CPU and MOBO

SSD Samsung 980 PRO 500GB PCI Express 4.0 $103

Is this overkill?

Any opinions are welcome, but my main concern here power supply and budget allocation, if anyone can chip in, would be amazing! Thank you!

What's your country? Most of these parts seem too expensive for the US 

Have you considered radeon graphics?

3 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

What's your country? Most of these parts seem too expensive for the US 

Have you considered radeon graphics?

I'm in Romania, and all the hardware I listed and picked is currently in-stock and I can get my hands on as soon as I feel confident about the build, except for the GPU which is being shipped from Poland - I can find in-stock local options for the 3060, but $50 - $100 more expensive. - so the parts are a bit more expensive cause I can grab them right away, I can probably shave $20-30 on each component if I'm willing to wait 2-3 weeks to a month.

I didn't consider it - since I thought in getting an RTX card, I kind of future-proof newer games that I may want to play since it can do DLSS - so I haven't researched any AMD graphics cards

Edited by Rainman24

12 minutes ago, Rainman24 said:

RTX card, I kind of future-proof newer games that I may want to play since it can do DLSS

Radeon graphics have a similar feature that is pretty comparable to dlss, so you should be fine either way 

Used Hungary pcpartpicker for proximity and should most closely reflect local prices 

About what id reccommend 

https://hu.pcpartpicker.com/list/bpnPQ6

The 12400f is a solid cpu  and is usually priced lower than the 5600x, though in this case I would reccommend whatevers cheaper to pump the rest into the gpu

Decent aftermarket cooler to keep it cool

Good mobo for the price

Cheapest kit of 16gb ram

1tb storage 

6500xt isn't what id reccommend, but it's the only one with a price Oddly. I'd get a 6600xt, 6650xt, or a 6700xt depending on what you can find locally 

Any cheap case with airflow will do

Good quality 650 watt psu 

This is fantastic! Thank you so much! I didn't consider Intel as a platform or Radaeon as a GPU, so it definitely opens up more doors for me!

Prices are still oddly cheaper in Hungary, might as well take a trip and buy the components and come back, it would still come out cheaper.

The parts you picked on PC Part Picker though are still cheaper in Romania than what I managed to put together!

the 980 pro is overkill, the standard evo drives are all the typical desktop user should ever need. I personally have a old WD Black drive but its the older sn750 model but its been bulletproof through exactly 465 days of constant powered on service, im sure the newer ones can live up to their name but for you a wd blue nvme would be perfectly adequate. anything with decent random performance and at least 600tbw rating before failure will do, you dont need to spend lots of money on ssd storage. same goes with hard drives, the wd blue 8tb is 130 dollars and despite being 5640rpm as opposed to 7200 for what most people use hard drives for, bulk storage, saving the extra money over a wd black is the smart move as the 8tb blue is still cmr unlike some other blue models which are SMR.