FPS same on 480p, 1080, Ultra and Lowest

GIRCHH

Might be the ram MHz...? Trying to get far away from 60fps, which I feel like Ive never really broken free from (past 20 years)

CPU - 32 threads (3.2 - 3.8GHz) (4 physical processors)(Can support up to 2000MHz DDR3 ram)

RAM - 1333MHZ (16 sticks, 64GB total)(Dual channel)(DDR3)

PSU-1000w

GPU - RX 580

Monitor: 144+ hz

Radeon

Thermal Grizzly

Afterburner shows (at MAX) 50% of processing power at any given time. GPU even lower.

---Shadow Tomb Raider Bench:---

GPU-Bound: 0% (99% of the time)

GPU-fps-min: 100+

CPU-render-fps-min: 100+

CPU-game-fps-min+average: (50's), Over double in the "Milliseconds"

Happens in other games too. Anyone have a clue?

No UEFI.

what are you using to check fps?

could be an fps cap or cpu bottleneck

PC Specifications: Intel i9-14900KF, 5.9GHz all core locked, 5GHz ring, 1.45v Medium LLC, E-cores and HT disabled | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Thermal Grizzly contact frame | 2x16 G.Skill Trident Z5 7400MHz 34-44-44-34 1T 1.45v (Tuned Subtimings, Hynix A-Die) | Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX | Windows 10/11 EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Phanteks P400A (Black non-rgb version, Phanteks T30 fans 3 intake (On AIO), 1 exhaust) | SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIE 4.0 (Boot drive), Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SATA

Displays: MSI MAG 271QPX 1440p 360Hz 27" QD-OLED | LG UltraGear 27GP950-B, 4K 144Hz (@120hz) 27" IPS

Desktop Audio: STAX SR-007 MK2 Electrostatic Headphones | STAX SRM-400S Amp | Schiit Bifrost 2/64 (NOS mode, USB in, XLR out)

Mobile Audio: Sennheiser IE 900 IEMs using included 4.4mm cable | FiiO KA13 "Desktop mode" Disabled

Peripherals: Razer Huntsman V2 Full size wired with linear optical switch | Logitech G502 Hero

Did you actually want help with anything? Or just making a statement about fps? 

11 minutes ago, GIRCHH said:

Just updated the post

Your post has been moved out of public view. Please post your full specs and try to be more descriptive of your issue. It seems like you are using server hardware. In which case your CPU model is kinda crucial when trying to determine any issues.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Opteron 6300 series CPU's

3 hours ago, GIRCHH said:

Opteron 6300 series CPU's

Ancient server CPU. No wonder you are having issues. Not RAM though as CPU doesn't support over 1600MHz. Moving back to open. Though next time, be more clear with your specs and question. Be sure to mention its server hardware as otherwise this looks bit fishy.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I wouldn't even have tried gaming on that CPU when it was new in 2013.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Can we clarify for future readers why the processor cant get past 60fps?

They run 32 cores, from 3.2Ghz to 3.8Ghz.

P.S: These processors can support up to 2000MHz RAM from AMD official website

28 minutes ago, GIRCHH said:

Because it's a piece of shit. It's a server CPU, never intended for gaming to begin with, and it's almost a decade old.

32 cores doesn't mean anything when most games can't use more than 4-8.

Clock speeds don't mean anything divorced from IPC. The Pentium 4 could run 3.x ghz too, try running modern games on one of those.

Also your post is ambiguous but if you're running more than one actual CPU in a server/workstation board, there's not a game made that can use more than one CPU. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

42 minutes ago, Middcore said:

there's not a game made that can use more than one CPU. 

Incorrect. Pretty much every game ive played uses all of them (at least according to task manager and afterburner)

Just now, GIRCHH said:

Incorrect

Cool. Since you know more I guess you won't be asking for any further help here I guess, good luck unlocking the gaming beast potential of dem Opterons everybody else has been sleeping on, good buddy. 😉

1 hour ago, GIRCHH said:

They run 32 cores, from 3.2Ghz to 3.8Ghz.

Does anyone know? Halfing the DRAM timing only dropped 10 fps (sotr bench), so its not ram.

Maybe its one of these? Does anyone know?

image.png

48 minutes ago, GIRCHH said:

Incorrect. Pretty much every game ive played uses all of them (at least according to task manager and afterburner)

You may be correct. But the problem is that most games are optimized for single core performance. And your server CPU is optimized for multicore functions. And focused on reliable performance over high boosting power.

As for RAM, you state it has 4 cores and is of "series". Google gives me this one https://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-Opteron 6308 - OS6308WKT4GHK.html

which states that it doesn't support 2000MHz RAM.

As for posting another thread, those are generally frowned upon as spamming. So I'll just lock this one.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv