1000$ laptop that fits the Asus G14 sleve

Ok.. long story short a bit of time ago I had my eyes on the G14 because of the battery life good screen, specs and price. Now when I want to buy one the price shot up so I am looking for replacements. 

Does anyone know any laptop that has: 

Good battery life

A good screen (at least 100 sRGB color accuracy)

Decent specs 

Sorry, what is "the G14 sleeve"?

Do you just a mean a laptop that is similar to the G14?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

20 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Sorry, what is "the G14 sleeve"?

Do you just a mean a laptop that is similar to the G14?

Yes, sorry for not saying it better

1 minute ago, Albert F said:

Yes, sorry for not saying it better

It's cool, I just wanted to clarify so people could answer you better, because at first I thought you literally meant like a laptop carrying sleeve to go in a backpack or something.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

11 hours ago, Albert F said:

Ok.. long story short a bit of time ago I had my eyes on the G14 because of the battery life good screen, specs and price. Now when I want to buy one the price shot up so I am looking for replacements. 

Does anyone know any laptop that has: 

Good battery life

A good screen (at least 100 sRGB color accuracy)

Decent specs 

Ok so ehat is the usecase and budget?

Wherr are you buying from?

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Ok so ehat is the usecase and budget?

Wherr are you buying from?

the use case is photo and video editing w/color grading (that's why 100 srgb is a requrement). a decent gpu would be nice (1650 at least if possible). the budget is as mentioned 1000$ and I am buying from inside my country (Romania....)

2 hours ago, Albert F said:

the use case is photo and video editing w/color grading (that's why 100 srgb is a requrement). a decent gpu would be nice (1650 at least if possible). the budget is as mentioned 1000$ and I am buying from inside my country (Romania....)

So you need a color accurate panel. Best I can do is recommend a legion 5 in this price range with desired specs. Not really anything much better out there (and no oled isnt magically better putting that out here because I keep seeing thay one vivobook that has an oled but garbage color accuracy being recommended)

On 7/27/2022 at 2:05 PM, jaslion said:

So you need a color accurate panel. Best I can do is recommend a legion 5 in this price range with desired specs. Not really anything much better out there (and no oled isnt magically better putting that out here because I keep seeing thay one vivobook that has an oled but garbage color accuracy being recommended)

I was actually looking at a legion 5. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Albert F said:

I was actually looking at a legion 5. Thank you!

If you aren't attached to Windows, you could also get a MacBook Air M1 (not sure if it'll stick to that $1,000 budget in Romania). It has 100 percent sRGB coverage, lasts ages on battery and still performs very well. It'll have 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage at that price, but that might be enough if you aren't loading the system drive with gobs of content. 8GB of memory on a modern Mac is generally more efficient than an equivalent Windows PC.

With that said: if you need Windows, more memory or extra drive space, it'd be a stretch.

27 minutes ago, Commodus said:

If you aren't attached to Windows, you could also get a MacBook Air M1 (not sure if it'll stick to that $1,000 budget in Romania). It has 100 percent sRGB coverage, lasts ages on battery and still performs very well. It'll have 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage at that price, but that might be enough if you aren't loading the system drive with gobs of content. 8GB of memory on a modern Mac is generally more efficient than an equivalent Windows PC.

With that said: if you need Windows, more memory or extra drive space, it'd be a stretch.

Thanks for the recommendation but I am more or less an Apple hater. I've had the opportunity to "drive" one for a bit and I absolutely hate the OS. Not like Windows is anything to write home about but it does the job better for me.