New gaming headset, suggestions?

as96

Yesterday my headset died, now I need a new one, I have €90, I want to buy on Amazon.it.

I've found the Razer Kraken Pro and the Corsair 1500 V2 are they good? and what about the Logitech g430 and 230?

They need to be comfortable and have a good sound quality in game,the microphone doesn't need to be that good, my friends don't really care

Especially if the microphone doesn't have to be that great (not that they are on headsets), I would get pair of headphones and pair it with a clip on mic (like the Zalman ZM-MIC1) or a generic desktop microphone.

First headphone that comes to mind for that budget is the Sennheiser HD518, you might want to check out the Pioneer SE-A1000 as well. 

Stay away from headsets in general.

THE signature

Especially if the microphone doesn't have to be that great (not that they are on headsets), I would get pair of headphones and pair it with a clip on mic (like the Zalman ZM-MIC1) or a generic desktop microphone.

First headphone that comes to mind for that budget is the Sennheiser HD518, you might want to check out the Pioneer SE-A1000 as well. 

Stay away from headsets in general.

I prefer having the mic integrated

I think all those you listed are considered relatively good. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

The keyword is 'relatively'... :)

Indeed, for a headset. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

What do you prefer, having an overall higher quality product, or simply an integrated mic? If it's the latter I'm afraid I can't help you.

THE signature

If the quality is really bad then I accept suggestions for headphones, though if there is a good headset let me know.

Thanks a lot, remember that I use them a lot so they need to be comfortable, btw the Pioneer SE-A 1000 costs €75 on amazon.it (just to let you know any eventual price difference, and sorry if my english is not that good)

What do you prefer, having an overall higher quality product, or simply an integrated mic? If it's the latter I'm afraid I can't help you.

Well, there are actually good headsets (with mic), like PC360 or ADG1. I think it's double the budget though....

Well, there are actually good headsets (with mic), like PC360 or ADG1. I think it's double the budget though....

Yeah, I was talking about headsets available in his budget. And then still, headsets like the Audio Technicas and the Beyerdynamics are way too expensive for what they are, a headphone with a mic slapped on.

THE signature

Yeah, I was talking about headsets available in his budget. And then still, headsets like the Audio Technicas and the Beyerdynamics are way too expensive for what they are, a headphone with a mic slapped on.

This I agree. I think the ADG1 is basically an AD900x + (supposedly) good mic. While the AD900x is $140, the ADG1 is $321, both are amazon prices. So yeah, overpriced.....

Do you have a pair of headphones whose sound you like?

because id just get those and stick a modmic on it. Their pretty close to having an integrated mic.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."

Also needs a new profile picture..

Look on the classifieds someone has a pair of Sennheiser PC360 headphones for $150 that should sound better than most gaming headsets out there. I would also recommend the Razer Carcharis. 

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

You can get a good pair of headphones then attach a vmoda boom cable. 

Don't but Turtle beach stuff though, mine broke after 1 year.

Look on the classifieds someone has a pair of Sennheiser PC360 headphones for $150 that should sound better than most gaming headsets out there. I would also recommend the Razer Carcharis. 

That would be me but shipping to Europe is expensive. My guess would be around $40 extra. 

I used the Corsair 1500v2 right now and I have no major complaints, they do what they need to do for their price. 

I think your best option is Pioneer SE-A1000 for open and Sennheiser 439 for closed. I looked through that site for headphones in your price range and those were the best options. 

My budget is reduced to €50, so i'm going with the logitech g230.

Thanks anyway, maybe for my birthday I will get a nice headphone + mic. 

I'm using the integrated sound card so probably the audio wasn't all that good even with €200 headphones  :unsure: