Performance issues on Adobe products

Hi,

I've been having this issue for quite a while now. When I use Premiere and After Effects, the performance is quite slow when working on animation projects, and the hardware resources are never fully used. The CPU usage rarely goes beyond 50% and the GPU usually stays at 10-15%. Even the RAM isn't fully used. In this particular example, it's taking about 5-10 seconds to render a single frame, although there isn't anything particular complex in this animation.

If it can help, here are my specs are below:

- Ryzen 5 2600X

- 32GB of RAM and 3200MHz

- RTX 3070

The Nvidia drivers are up to date, and this isn't a new issue anyway. These are the Game ready drivers. All Adobe products are up to date too. I've changed the settings so that all the available RAM can be used.

Thanks

Capture d’écran 2022-07-26 003637.png

What resolution is this? Do you use proxies while working in premiere?

On 7/27/2022 at 5:48 PM, NinJake said:

What resolution is this? Do you use proxies while working in premiere?

1080p. And no I don't need proxies in Premiere since this was mostly made of AE compositions.

On 7/26/2022 at 8:42 AM, IAmAndre said:

Hi,

I've been having this issue for quite a while now. When I use Premiere and After Effects, the performance is quite slow when working on animation projects, and the hardware resources are never fully used. The CPU usage rarely goes beyond 50% and the GPU usually stays at 10-15%. Even the RAM isn't fully used. In this particular example, it's taking about 5-10 seconds to render a single frame, although there isn't anything particular complex in this animation.

If it can help, here are my specs are below:

- Ryzen 5 2600X

- 32GB of RAM and 3200MHz

- RTX 3070

The Nvidia drivers are up to date, and this isn't a new issue anyway. These are the Game ready drivers. All Adobe products are up to date too. I've changed the settings so that all the available RAM can be used.

Thanks

Check the per core cpu useage. Are you maxing out one core?

1 hour ago, Blue4130 said:

Check the per core cpu useage. Are you maxing out one core?

Can I check this is in the task manager or do I need a third party software? I actually reached out to the Adobe customer support and I've been told that Dynamic Link only uses one core. So it's better to render complex compositions in After Effects first, then import them as footage in Premiere. I also installed the Studio drivers and it helps a bit. I'm still not getting full hardware utilization but the overall performance has greatly improved. I'll try reinstalling Windows too because I've had a couple crashes yesterday. I also have a new motherboard coming so maybe that'll help too because the current one has been acting weird for a while (USB ports not working properly, no audios) so maybe it's what limiting hardware utilization.

6 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

Can I check this is in the task manager or do I need a third party software? I actually reached out to the Adobe customer support and I've been told that Dynamic Link only uses one core. So it's better to render complex compositions in After Effects first, then import them as footage in Premiere. I also installed the Studio drivers and it helps a bit. I'm still not getting full hardware utilization but the overall performance has greatly improved. I'll try reinstalling Windows too because I've had a couple crashes yesterday. I also have a new motherboard coming so maybe that'll help too because the current one has been acting weird for a while (USB ports not working properly, no audios) so maybe it's what limiting hardware utilization.

Check in task Manager, this screen, you will probably see that one core is at 100%. Not much you can do about that other than get a cpu with faster single core performance.

Screenshot 2022-07-30 142513.jpg

On 7/30/2022 at 6:26 AM, Blue4130 said:

Check in task Manager, this screen, you will probably see that one core is at 100%. Not much you can do about that other than get a cpu with faster single core performance.

I think this makes sense but I don't think that's my issue. I'm back to this project and if you take a look at the graph below, the CPU keeps running below 5% and the usage is low on all 12 cores.

image.thumb.png.070d9cfac5e814bc72b88090b1eb9bc4.png

Right after I posted this, I got a bsod (kernel security check). Bsods keep happening more and more and I suspect a motherboard issue because it has many other issues as well: audio ports not working and some kind of bandwidth issue with the USB ports so I can't use all of them at once, especially the ones close to each other. I already ordered a replacement motherboard, but could it be possible that the motherboard impacts the CPU performance?