Linus's Request for a smart lamp + charging station.

I'm really interested to see these ideas. I hope something comes out of all of it. I hope something gets finished so I can buy one :)

this is getting a lot more attention than i though, i wish there was to make a contest out of this. 

best design(Industrial design, easy manufacturing and price all considered) would be chosen to be a kick-starter project ? that way a lot more ideas can be brought to the table. is that something that is even possible?

If I wasn't so darn busy with finals I would totally sketch something up in Inventor. I like the direction @amintha1992 is heading though. Nice clean industrial design though I agree about the need to have the slanted surface. 

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

As we have seen in the Dollar Shave Club Video, this Lamp needs a Banana holder. I wonder how the guy at the Shave club reacted, after he has seen the video :) 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

If I wasn't so darn busy with finals I would totally sketch something up in Inventor. I like the direction @amintha1992 is heading though. Nice clean industrial design though I agree about the need to have the slanted surface. 

i was thinking about just letting the user pick a slanted Qi wireless charger (like the nexus 4 charging orb). plus im looking for a design that is practical and has less points of failure.

i was thinking about just letting the user pick a slanted Qi wireless charger (like the nexus 4 charging orb). plus im looking for a design that is practical and has less points of failure.

That's a good idea. Maybe revision two can have the integrated chargers. 

The Lord's Prayer

That's a good idea. Maybe revision two can have the integrated chargers. 

exactly. i just want this product to be able to be manufactured out of my garage. i want it to be simple and seamless to use. but i am open to suggestion on how to implement a slanted wireless charger that can be used regardless of the size of the devise and the position where this thing is (to the left or the right of the bed)

there is so much more than just looks and features that goes in to things like these. 

I found one and tweeted it to linus during the stream. I am working on one of my own, but here is the one I tweeted linus: http://www.geekalerts.com/13-led-desktop-lamp-with-usb-hub/

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

exactly. i just want this product to be able to be manufactured out of my garage. i want it to be simple and seamless to use. but i am open to suggestion on how to implement a slanted wireless charger that can be used regardless of the size of the devise and the position where this thing is (to the left or the right of the bed)

there is so much more than just looks and features that goes in to things like these.

Awesome. Let me ponder for while and see if I can come up with a simple solution to the tilt requirement.

Edit: A temp solution could be to use the JAS Mini from Cooler Master. It's not the cheapest solution but it works and it plays to the product placement. Just a thought. 

The Lord's Prayer