Wifi not working

tastiful

I just built my first computer yesterday and I am now trying to set up windows 10. I installed it without an activation key because I’m going to get one at a later date. It says to “change settings, such as making a connection metered” when I try to connect to wifi. I have a wifi motherboard and I plugged the antenna it came with into the back but I still have no luck. Any help?

28 minutes ago, tastiful said:

I just built my first computer yesterday and I am now trying to set up windows 10. I installed it without an activation key because I’m going to get one at a later date. It says to “change settings, such as making a connection metered” when I try to connect to wifi. I have a wifi motherboard and I plugged the antenna it came with into the back but I still have no luck. Any help?

Congratulations on building your first PC! 😄 

Open Device Manager (Win+X > Device Manager), and see if it is missing any drivers (Yellow exclamation mark on any item). 

You can use your motherboard provided disk to get those drivers if you don't have Ethernet (wired) connection you can use in the meantime to go online and get fetch those drivers from the chip manufacture or motherboard website.

20 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Congratulations on building your first PC! 😄 

Open Device Manager (Win+X > Device Manager), and see if it is missing any drivers (Yellow exclamation mark on any item). 

You can use your motherboard provided disk to get those drivers if you don't have Ethernet (wired) connection you can use in the meantime to go online and get fetch those drivers from the chip manufacture or motherboard website.

This is the same user who initiated the post on a different account because i forgot the password to my other one. I hooked up an ethernet cord temporarily q 

Just now, Tastiful_ said:

This is the same user who initiated the post on a different account because i forgot the password to my other one. I hooked up an ethernet cord temporarily q 

and it says i have the other devices with the yellow indicator. one of them is called "network controller" and the other two are called "unknown device". I went to the website for my mobo but idk which ones to download. I have a b660 gaming x ax ddr4 mobo. Any help?

B660 GAMING X AX DDR4 (rev. 1.0) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

use another pc, get the chipset and ethernet drivers and use a thumb drive to to transfer the files and install them in your pc.. after that you can slowly install everything else once you have network connection