My first hand experience with Corsair's Returns

My personal experience dealing with Corsair returns (Happy Ending):

Background:

I bought the Corsair K95 back in October 2013. Up until Beginning of April this current year, I had no issues. Until it mysteriously died on me.

The Quest:

I contacted Corsair via opening a ticket on their customer portal. I promptly received a response from the representative. They asked the standard questions, the issues I had and if it was the same result on a different machine. Then asked for confirmation of my purchase within warranty date (my Amazon invoice was sufficient).

He then issued an RMA request, no questions asked. I got my packing slip and address to send the keyboard. Corsair advise using a recorded deliver service with compensation cover (although not essential, but it was lost in transit, you’re fucked :D)

The only issue with this return RAM is that YOU must cover the cost of shipping. There is only one returns depot in the EU, and that is in the Netherlands. So, all in all. It cost me £35 to send it to them. Which I just said to myself, “Fair enough, the price you must pay to receive a new keyboard that is around £100”.

They received the keyboard within 5 working day, and I received an email 2 days later. Informing me that my replacement had been despatched. In less than 24 hours I received my keyboard.

Quest complete:

Hooray!!

Wait…. There’s more? O.o

The next day my keyboard refused to work!! FUCK!! I was ultimately pissed off about this. Once I calmed down, I issued a new ticket to Corsair advising my problem with evidence of purchase and the ticket number to my previous claim.

I got a reply back promptly, again. The person sympathised and issued another RMA no questions asked. Only this time, he issued a shipping request from UPS to collect my dead keyboard, free of charge!

Yay! So now I don’t have to pay another £35 to send another keyboard back. Within an hour of completing my ticket request, the UPS man arrived at my door and took my keyboard away. 24 hours later, it’s back at Corsair in Netherlands!

It took about 2 days to process the return and issue the replacement shipping. So a new keyboard was on the way to me via UPS, expected to arrive the following day, Friday (Today). 

Conclusion:

Happy customer and a happy elf, once again :D

Apologies for the long post. I do tend to ramble and go into to unnecessary detail. But this was my personal experience I had with Corsair’s returns that I wanted to share with you all.

I hope this helped others and was informative to see how a first-hand experience with a returns went. 

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

@toggleguy

Yeah, seemed I got a good experience, to say the least (Hopefully most if not, all had a successful RMA with them). Also, I'm from Manchester, too  :lol:  lol

@Redportal

Yeah it's a real bummer to pay for shipping, but I've maybe only had one or two companies cover shipping (Apple one of them), that have covered shipping cost. I have had to return a few things in the past to Amazon. But they've always covered the cost of shipping.

I'm not sure if that's just as standard, or because I am an Amazon Prime member.

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

Pretty much identical to the experience I had returning my M65 mouse. Actually I had sent in a M60 and they gave me back the M65, which then hads some weird tracking problems so I got another new unit.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Background:
I bought the Corsair K95 back in October 2013. Up until Beginning of April this current year, I had no issues. Until it mysteriously died on me.

The Quest:
I contacted Corsair via opening a ticket on their customer portal. I promptly received a response from the representative. They asked the standard questions, the issues I had and if it was the same result on a different machine. Then asked for confirmation of my purchase within warranty date (my Amazon invoice was sufficient).

He then issued an RMA request, no questions asked. I got my packing slip and address to send the keyboard. Corsair advise using a recorded deliver service with compensation cover (although not essential, but it was lost in transit, you’re fucked :D)

The only issue with this return RAM is that YOU must cover the cost of shipping. There is only one returns depot in the EU, and that is in the Netherlands. So, all in all. It cost me £35 to send it to them. Which I just said to myself, “Fair enough, the price you must pay to receive a new keyboard that is around £100”.

They received the keyboard within 5 working day, and I received an email 2 days later. Informing me that my replacement had been despatched. In less than 24 hours I received my keyboard.

Quest complete:
Hooray!!

Wait…. There’s more? O.o

The next day my keyboard refused to work!! FUCK!! I was ultimately pissed off about this. Once I calmed down, I issued a new ticket to Corsair advising my problem with evidence of purchase and the ticket number to my previous claim.

I got a reply back promptly, again. The person sympathised and issued another RMA no questions asked. Only this time, he issued a shipping request from UPS to collect my dead keyboard, free of charge!

Yay! So now I don’t have to pay another £35 to send another keyboard back. Within an hour of completing my ticket request, the UPS man arrived at my door and took my keyboard away. 24 hours later, it’s back at Corsair in Netherlands!

It took about 2 days to process the return and issue the replacement shipping. So a new keyboard was on the way to me via UPS, expected to arrive the following day, Friday (Today). 

Conclusion:
Happy customer and a happy elf, once again :D

Apologies for the long post. I do tend to ramble and go into to unnecessary detail. But this was my personal experience I had with Corsair’s returns that I wanted to share with you all.

I hope this helped others and was informative to see how a first-hand experience with a returns went. 

Elven

You used Royal mail for the shipping?

TNT will do 2 - 5 day postage to europe for £12.

You used Royal mail for the shipping?

TNT will do 2 - 5 day postage to europe for £12.

Yeah, I used royal mail lol. Ah damn, didn't know. Well I guess I know for the future, thanks!

Pretty much identical to the experience I had returning my M65 mouse. Actually I had sent in a M60 and they gave me back the M65, which then hads some weird tracking problems so I got another new unit.

It's good to hear someone else got an exceptional experience, hehe.

Glad to see your experience, I've sent away my 2100's so hopefully I too will have a good experience.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Sounds like they are better with RMA's over working keyboards.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Glad to see your experience, I've sent away my 2100's so hopefully I too will have a good experience.

Best of luck. I hope they honour your return  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

You paid them 35 pounds (about 60 dollars) just to get your product working!? It took about a week to get the new keyboard?! That's what I call bad customer support.

My Corsair headset broke and I contacted them. They told me to send it back to them and that I had to pay the shipping, so I thought "fuck that" and just contacted the store (DustinHome) which just sent me a brand new pair (took 1 day to get them) and told me to keep the defect headphones (I still use them as a mic because that works).

You paid them 35 pounds (about 60 dollars) just to get your product working!? It took about a week to get the new keyboard?! That's what I call bad customer support.

My Corsair headset broke and I contacted them. They told me to send it back to them and that I had to pay the shipping, so I thought "fuck that" and just contacted the store (DustinHome) which just sent me a brand new pair (took 1 day to get them) and told me to keep the defect headphones (I still use them as a mic because that works).

Yeah, I agree that it is stupid that you have to pay to send a defective product back. Corsair aren't the only ones who do that, and I didn't have a spare Keyboard. I was prepared to pay the fee instead of forking out another £100 for something else xD

Oh... now that is service O.o

:P