building new pc need psu help

saders

hey guys im building a new pc and these are the parts i have ordered but i am thinking that my current psu that i have will not be enough its a evga 750w supernova g2 from 2015. will i need to get a new psu in the 1000w range or will mine do. ps i already have m.2 storage.

image.thumb.png.1784cc32039873252d890df94eda12e9.pngimage.thumb.png.37b07c2f08f42cbda9f4acfa4b00debf.png

My rig.... cpu i7-920 , MB asus p6t se , RAM 8gigs , GPU evga 760 sc , Case antec 900, western digital 2x500 gigs hhd , PSU  antec 800w , Display syncmaster 2233rz , Cooling antec kulher h20 620 ,  keyboard / mouse / headset    G15 keyboard , g500 mouse , Razor megladon headset

for a 3080 ti that would be an 850 to 1000W PSU. if you are going for 850 get a gold or better psu as the recommended part.
I know that the 3090 you are going to need a 1000W in case of spiking so that it doesn't trip the protections but im not so sure if this is the same case for the 3080 ti (so anyone can feel free to let know on that)

I would go with a 850W 80+ Gold psu or better, maybe to be safe and preferably have rooms for upgrade, I would get a 1000W 80+ Gold (or better efficiency) PSU

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

The G2 is a very good PSU if a bit long in the tooth. It meets the GPU minimum spec. I would see how it goes, it's easy enough to replace the unit if it has problems.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

i just ordered a new one from newegg was going to get a evga 1000w then saw i could get 1300w thats onsale for 10 bucks more

My rig.... cpu i7-920 , MB asus p6t se , RAM 8gigs , GPU evga 760 sc , Case antec 900, western digital 2x500 gigs hhd , PSU  antec 800w , Display syncmaster 2233rz , Cooling antec kulher h20 620 ,  keyboard / mouse / headset    G15 keyboard , g500 mouse , Razor megladon headset

6 minutes ago, saders said:

i just ordered a new one from newegg was going to get a evga 1000w then saw i could get 1300w thats onsale for 10 bucks more

What model?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

12 minutes ago, saders said:

thats not bad, overkill for sure but I guess if Nvidia is going to increase power consumption for future gpus, I think thats going to be viable option, if you buy the components within some days

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

yea its over kill but hard to pass on 10 bucks more for a 1300w psu over the 1000w lol

With the planned power of end of year GPU's I think shooting for a 1200-1300 watt PSU is a safer bet. 

I want to add I don't understand why people are still going all out on builds but still sticking with DDR4. You can get a 32GB set of DDR5 for $175 to $225 now and it will increase FPS more than lets say going from a 3070 to a 3080. DDR5 alone I've seen jump as much as 15 FPS on exact setups with a RAM swap. All for basically $200 depending on if your rig is RGB first or gaming first. Sometimes I think people care more about lights than performance.