Cannot boot from SSD into Windows 10 in UEFI with or without Secure Boot

blazesword2008
Go to solution Solved by blazesword2008,

HOORAY!!!!! IT WORKED!!!! 

What I did is went into the BIOS, went into "System Configuration" and then into "SATA Operation". Changed it from "RAID On" to "AHCI", applied the changes and exited the BIOS.

Then, I booted into the USB IN UEFI /W SECURE BOOT (still had the glitches at the start, but it doesn't happen when I boot into Windows 10, so I think it should be fine) and just went through the installation. The first reboot actually kept the installation going afterwards (instead of the black screen) and then I went through the prompts and BOOM, Windows 10. Boots perfectly fine in UEFI mode with Secure Boot ON. I even enabled TPM just for the added layer of security, since it works too. 

Thanks to all that helped me, I REALLY appreciate it. 😄 Hope this can help people in the future with the same issue, too. 

(also, I didn't know if this helped contribute to the successful installation, but I made the Windows 10 USB with this guide: https://www.dell.com/community/Windows-General-Wiki/Windows-Bootable-USB-and-UEFI-Boot-Mode-with-Secure-Boot/ta-p/8031484)

2 hours ago, blazesword2008 said:

Changed it from "RAID On" to "AHCI", applied the changes and exited the BIOS.

Totally slipped my mind, I had to do this as well when setting up my 9020! Glad you figured it out.

2 hours ago, blazesword2008 said:

still had the glitches at the start

As for this, you can reference my thread if it gets worse.

17 hours ago, rmgdnz said:

Totally slipped my mind, I had to do this as well when setting up my 9020! Glad you figured it out.

As for this, you can reference my thread if it gets worse.

Thanks! Appreciate the help. 🙂