Ender 3 pro or ender 3 v2??

char3327

Hey yall, 

So im looking to get into 3d printing, and im wondering if i should get the ender 3 pro and spend extra money upgrading things on it(ex. Fans, new exteuder) or just get the ender 3 v2 and just use it stock? Many thanks in advance

v2 stock. Modding your 3d printer is not exactly a beginner friendly task.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

V2 but be prepared to replace the extruder in the near future as the plastic one is crap quality and breaks easily. Works fine just doesn't last.

13 hours ago, jaslion said:

V2 but be prepared to replace the extruder in the near future as the plastic one is crap quality and breaks easily. Works fine just doesn't last.

When I bought my Ender 3 Pro, I installed the aluminum extruder kit almost right away. It's definitely worth the $11, but it should have been standard.

Building the printer on a glass stovetop made it really easy to get it square, too. Since the glass is dead flat, you just have to leave the frame screws a turn or two loose, get everything situated, and then snug them down (jumping around like you're doing lug nuts or a Threadripper cooler).

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Thanks yall

Budget is around 280...since its prime day today ima buy it for 220...besides the extruder what other upgrades should i look into?

Also sorry to ask but could someone put a link to an extruder that is good. There are so many options and isk which one will work...thanks

@Needfuldoer @Imbadatnames @jaslion

1 hour ago, char3327 said:

Thanks yall

Budget is around 280...since its prime day today ima buy it for 220...besides the extruder what other upgrades should i look into?

Also sorry to ask but could someone put a link to an extruder that is good. There are so many options and isk which one will work...thanks

Just one more question, what will you be printing? Is it more structural stuff like replacement parts for tools etc or more like models? 

40 minutes ago, char3327 said:

It would probably be a little bit of both but mainly structual stuff

@Imbadatnames 

Just was going to suggest resin if you wanted to do more detailed stuff. FFF is stronger in 2 directions and weak in the Z where as resin is more detailed and isomorphic in strength though weaker than FFF in FFF’s strongest axis. 

Any good resin printers you would reccomend within my budget? I'll look into it!👍

Any good resin printers you would reccomend within my budget? I'll look into it!👍

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2022 at 11:59 AM, char3327 said:

Thanks yall

Don’t know where your at in the world but micro center has been offering ender 3 $100

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 11:48 AM, Salacious B Crum said:

Don’t know where your at in the world but micro center has been offering ender 3 $100

I got one of these, they sold out quick. But then restocked about 7-8 pallets of them a few weeks after the first day of the sell at the Overland Park, KS, location. Might be worth looking into.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 11:59 AM, char3327 said:

Thanks yall

I realize this is an old post, but if you're still looking the Ender 3v2 is an amazing little printer and upgrading it is really cheap.  

The single best quality of print improvement you can make on it is getting a glass plate for the bed.  You can get the official one, but you can also just go to a local glass shop and get a piece of scrap cut for a few dollars.  

Second best upgrade is to get a raspberry pi and install OctoPi on it.  This makes your ender 3 network accessible and with some plugins turns your printer nearly into a 'push button, watch print' type of operation.  

Everything else requires a bit more tech know-how but still can be worth it.  For instance, on mine I've installed a relay in the OctoPi that automatically turns the printer on to print, and off again when it's finished.  I've upgraded the main board to an aftermarket that makes the stepper motors nearly silent.  Added a BLTouch for auto bed leveling.  Changed out the power supply for further "quiet" operation.  It sits quietly in the corner, I can walk over to the computer, load up Cura, hit "Print with OctoPi", the octopi boots up the printer, adjusts for bed level, prints, and shuts back off.  

Essentially it's completely up to you how much you want to spend and how far you want to go with it, but just the base model with a glass bed will rival printers 2-3x it's cost, and octopi turns it into an appliance instead of an art project.  

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T 

Wow it's been awhile.

So I ended up getting the Ender 3 V2 and have since grown in my knowledge of 3d Printing. I have upgraded the bed springs, extruder, Bowden tube, and the nozzle I also added a PEI bed for easy removal of the prints. I plan on adding a new cooling duct with noctua fans and possibly upgrade the motherboard to a silent one. thanks for your input though hopefully this helps someone else! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 4:36 PM, char3327 said:

Wow it's been awhile.

So I ended up getting the Ender 3 V2 and have since grown in my knowledge of 3d Printing. I have upgraded the bed springs, extruder, Bowden tube, and the nozzle I also added a PEI bed for easy removal of the prints. I plan on adding a new cooling duct with noctua fans and possibly upgrade the motherboard to a silent one.

welcome to the addicting game of upgrading Ender3's.

Highly recommend noctua fans (use the 10mm thick ones, the 20's don't perform any better) and print a set of squash ball or tennis ball feet for the printer

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it