can i play guitar hero with a real electric guitar?

tommyhawks

what brand of electric guitar you suggest with best overall?

Guitar Hero, I don't know, Rock Smith on the otherhand yes you can.

As for what brand is best overall is down to how it feels for you and is more a musician question rather than a tech one.

For my system I have an Ibanez GRG170DX in blue from back in 2008 and no issues

35 minutes ago, MrMase said:

Guitar Hero, I don't know, Rock Smith on the otherhand yes you can.

As for what brand is best overall is down to how it feels for you and is more a musician question rather than a tech one.

For my system I have an Ibanez GRG170DX in blue from back in 2008 and no issues

what amp do you use to drive electric guitar?can u suggest a decent amp  brand ? in order to play rock smith, what hardware do i need to prepare? 

1 minute ago, tommyhawks said:

what amp do you use to drive electric guitar?can u suggest a decent amp  brand ? in order to play rock smith, what hardware do i need to prepare? 

For an AMP I have a Marshall MG10CD which was good and cheap enough for my needs.

As for Rock Smith you just need one of their Realtone cables and a copy of the software for your console or PC.

I'm based in the UK so this is from my localized amazon store.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ubisoft-10016010-Rocksmith-Real-Cable/dp/B007KGISK6

1 minute ago, MrMase said:

For an AMP I have a Marshall MG10CD which was good and cheap enough for my needs.

As for Rock Smith you just need one of their Realtone cables and a copy of the software for your console or PC.

I'm based in the UK so this is from my localized amazon store.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ubisoft-10016010-Rocksmith-Real-Cable/dp/B007KGISK6

wow it is not just an amp also a speaker. is single speaker good enough?

wow it is not just an amp also a speaker. is single speaker good enough?

Again this is subjective and more a question for musicians rather than tech sorry I can't answer that for you, but does not impact the use on Rock Smith as it connects via the same port on Guitar

8 minutes ago, MrMase said:

Again this is subjective and more a question for musicians rather than tech sorry I can't answer that for you, but does not impact the use on Rock Smith as it connects via the same port on Guitar

mr mase what display do u use to play smith?

Just now, tommyhawks said:

mr mase what display do u use to play smith?

If on console I'm using my TV a Samsung QE55Q7FAM but if on PC then I'm using Dell UH2312HM (Yes I know my monitors are old and not classed as 'gamer')

5 minutes ago, MrMase said:

If on console I'm using my TV a Samsung QE55Q7FAM but if on PC then I'm using Dell UH2312HM (Yes I know my monitors are old and not classed as 'gamer')

lcd is not old but a hd crt 

why do you not choose an oled tv?

7 minutes ago, MrMase said:

for gaming i only trust hd crt or plasma in the past but now is oled only

lcd is not old but a hd crt 

why do you not choose an oled tv?

Samsung TV is QLED which is Samsungs approach to OLED and is only a few years old.

My monitors are old but were purchased for better colour accuracy for the work I was doing as they are IPS as opposed to TN Panel

Rocksmith doesn't teach sheet music or even music theory, and guitar hero can only be played with its own plastic guitars. If you want to play guitar, I would - dedicate a budget and most importantly, your own dedication to learning it towards the guitar you'll buy. Buy a guitar that doesn't suck but isn't overly expensive either. Then you'll need some form of amplification to it. Highly recommend an amp modelling unit, such as a Mooer. Those can be used with your PC over USB, headphones, or some form of active speaker cabinet. Mind you, active is the keyword because you will need powered speakers that plug to the wall with a modelling processor. They're pre-amps alone, they can not amplify passive, non-powered speakers such as those massive Marshall guitar cabinets you see on shows... UNLESS, you attach them to a power amp. In that case, you can power passive speakers as well with them. Though the powered speaker route is simply the better option for a processor IMO.

On 7/9/2022 at 10:40 PM, Motifator said:

Rocksmith doesn't teach sheet music or even music theory, and guitar hero can only be played with its own plastic guitars. If you want to play guitar, I would - dedicate a budget and most importantly, your own dedication to learning it towards the guitar you'll buy. Buy a guitar that doesn't suck but isn't overly expensive either. Then you'll need some form of amplification to it. Highly recommend an amp modelling unit, such as a Mooer. Those can be used with your PC over USB, headphones, or some form of active speaker cabinet. Mind you, active is the keyword because you will need powered speakers that plug to the wall with a modelling processor. They're pre-amps alone, they can not amplify passive, non-powered speakers such as those massive Marshall guitar cabinets you see on shows... UNLESS, you attach them to a power amp. In that case, you can power passive speakers as well with them. Though the powered speaker route is simply the better option for a processor IMO.

what hardware do i need to play rocksmith 2014?

one copy of pc version game

monitor

speaker

electric guitar

guitar amplifier

Realtone cables

am i right?

On 7/9/2022 at 10:00 PM, MrMase said:

Samsung TV is QLED which is Samsungs approach to OLED and is only a few years old.

My monitors are old but were purchased for better colour accuracy for the work I was doing as they are IPS as opposed to TN Panel

IBANEZ GIO Series GRG121DX Electric Guitar

Marshall DSL1CR Amplifier 

can i hear the guitar sound and game music from headphone if i plug a 3.5mm jack headphone in the amplifier?

is sony mdr 7506 headphone compatible with this amplifier?

thank you

On 7/9/2022 at 10:00 PM, MrMase said:

i want to listen game music and guitar sound from headphone. i don't need to hear sound from speaker.

what amp do i need?

i would like to buy a sony mdr 7506 headphone.

Rocksmith is meant to be played with the Realtone cable specific, you can play it with other stuff, but it's just the cable alone that's the recommended config.

Lunchbox sized amps like that Marshall have no place in Rocksmith. If you however want to go beyond Rocksmith, and since you want to play with headphones... I'd double down on my suggestion of an effects processor / modelling amp.

On the other hand, if you insist on playing Rocksmith... keep in mind that 2014 is pretty much end of life and they'll release Rocksmith Plus which requires subscription some time in the future. It will come with a new sound engine and then some.