Will this work

I have been putting together a build and asking for help from the LTT community on here for the past couple days and I have made a parts list. This is my last post and all I want to know is if this list is going to work when I buy everything. It's a lot of money for me and I don't know a whole lot about computers, so I won't everything to work out. PC parts builder says everything works together.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mkTdxs

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($249.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Vetroo V5 52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B660 GAMING X AX DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($48.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket Q 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Red Devil Video Card  ($469.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.99 @ Corsair) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GA 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ EVGA) 
Total: $1208.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-07-07 23:06 EDT-0400

I give this my stamp of approval!

One thing to note though just in case you didnt know, you wont be able to overclock that cpu with that motherboard.

You picked a K series cpu which means the cpu is overclockable, but the B series motherboard does not support overclocking. Dont let this sway you from your choice though, the k series comes with a much higher base clock (3.7 instead of 3.3) so its still worth it for the extra 20$. 
Another thing i would have suggested if the pricing was different was to get the 12600kF  series. Where the F stands for no integrated graphics. This usually saves you around 20~30 bucks but looks like the prices are the same so just get the 12600k which helps with resale value. 

Other than that all your choice are solid. If you wanted to try out second hand thats also an option to save some money.

Good luck on building it!

Not bad. I wasn't a fan of my 6700XT, though.

I don't recognize the cooler, but I'd probably look at spending just a little more and getting one of the established heavy hitters.

I'd also get a Z series motherboard.

15 minutes ago, Mayday793 said:

One thing to note though just in case you didnt know, you wont be able to overclock that cpu with that motherboard.

You picked a K series cpu which means the cpu is overclockable, but the B series motherboard does not support overclocking. Dont let this sway you from your choice though, the k series comes with a much higher base clock (3.7 instead of 3.3) so its still worth it for the extra 20$. 
Another thing i would have suggested if the pricing was different was to get the 12600kF  series. Where the F stands for no integrated graphics. This usually saves you around 20~30 bucks but looks like the prices are the same so just get the 12600k which helps with resale value. 

Other than that all your choice are solid. If you wanted to try out second hand thats also an option to save some money.

Worth noting that not having integrated graphics can make it significantly harder to diagnose potential issues.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

I wasn't a fan of my 6700XT, though.

I want more detail on this

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

8 hours ago, dizmo said:

I don't recognize the cooler, but I'd probably look at spending just a little more and getting one of the established heavy hitters.

Worth noting that not having integrated graphics can make it significantly harder to diagnose potential issues.

Are you kidding me?  Powercolor has been around forever and the red devil has consistently been a good cooler , since before polaris.  What are you on about?  Also, why switch to a z series mobo?  There’s literally no point when the CPU will boost itself to 5GHz on its own.

4 hours ago, venomtail said:

See above.  I hvae that exact GPU in my boyfriend’s computer it OCs really well and has adjustable LEDs.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

Just now, Queen Chrysalis said:
8 hours ago, dizmo said:

Are you kidding me?  Powercolor has been around forever and the red decil has consistently been a good cooler , since before polaris.  What are you on about?

I think Dizmo has them as 2 separate statements.

1: didn't like 6700XT for some reason

2: The CPU cooler OP chose is some small noname "Veetro" and not big name hitters like Noctua, Deepcool or be quiet!

I also got confused the first time, like Powercolour is big and even Buildzoid and Debauer have all but glowing reviews about the Red Devil's.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

11 hours ago, dizmo said:

Would u recommend this cooler over the one I had listed earlier?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H22TC1N?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1

11 hours ago, Mayday793 said:

I was also looking into changing the motherboard to get this one, but it said i would need to update the bios and I have no clue how to do that. Would that be to difficult for a first time builder?

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813144489?Item=N82E16813144489&nm_mc=AFC-RAN-COM&cm_mmc=AFC-RAN-COM&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-PCPartPicker&AFFID=2558510&AFFNAME=PCPartPicker&ACRID=1&ASID=https%3a%2f%2fpcpartpicker.com%2f&ranMID=44583&ranEAID=2558510&ranSiteID=8BacdVP0GFs-9eYZqo517LBy_V4yfjSGTg

25 minutes ago, tastiful said:

I was also looking into changing the motherboard to get this one, but it said i would need to update the bios and I have no clue how to do that. Would that be to difficult for a first time builder?

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813144489?Item=N82E16813144489&nm_mc=AFC-RAN-COM&cm_mmc=AFC-RAN-COM&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-PCPartPicker&AFFID=2558510&AFFNAME=PCPartPicker&ACRID=1&ASID=https%3a%2f%2fpcpartpicker.com%2f&ranMID=44583&ranEAID=2558510&ranSiteID=8BacdVP0GFs-9eYZqo517LBy_V4yfjSGTg

If you are just gaming then an i5 12400/F and your original board choice (Or a MSI B660/M-A) will work out cheaper. The Vetroo V5 or Deepcool AK400 etc will also be fine for a locked i5.

9 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

If you are just gaming then an i5 12400/F and your original board choice (Or a MSI B660/M-A) will work out cheaper. The Vetroo V5 or Deepcool AK400 etc will also be fine for a locked i5.

what does locked mean?

7 minutes ago, tastiful said:

what does locked mean?

Just means no overclocking. The 'K' cpu's are unlocked. You would want a Z690 board for that normally. 

4 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Just means no overclocking. The 'K' cpu's are unlocked. You would want a Z690 board for that normally. 

Okay, thank you. I don't know much about that anyways. If needed, i can change the motherboard down the line.

7 minutes ago, Mayday793 said:

I would just stick with your current build it's really good

Doesn't really make sense imo to spend $100 more on the 12600K over the 12400F. 

3 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Doesn't really make sense imo to spend $100 more on the 12600K over the 12400F. 

You don't think the higher clocks will affect gaming that much? The 12600k is clocked much higher. 

I guess I comes down to preference. I would get the 12600k but money is less of a problem for me for my new rig so I can see the value proposition. 

5 minutes ago, Mayday793 said:

You don't think the higher clocks will affect gaming that much? The 12600k is clocked much higher. 

I guess I comes down to preference. I would get the 12600k but money is less of a problem for me for my new rig so I can see the value proposition. 

No the performance will be pretty similar. Also the op mentioned that this system is a lot of money for him, so saving $100 can only be a good thing.

8 hours ago, lee32uk said:

No the performance will be pretty similar. Also the op mentioned that this system is a lot of money for him, so saving $100 can only be a good thing.

I just bought the stuff today. I went with the 12600k because I figured if I ever wanted to upgrade in the future it would be better to have an overclockable cpu. 

20 hours ago, venomtail said:

AMD's drivers suck. Plain and simple.

I always thought it was over-reacting done by influencers, and it wouldn't be that bad. Now I see why Gamer's Nexus and others have, multiple times, recommended against them until they can sort them out. I've experienced driver crashes while browsing, I've been kicked out of games multiple times, and I've had some games that wouldn't start at all for weeks, until they patched it. It's sad really, because the card itself, when working properly, performs quite nicely.

It might not always affect you, it may never affect you (if you only play new AAA titles, then it will probably be addressed more quickly than lesser played titles). But when it does, it's frustrating, and IMO completely unacceptable. It was annoying enough that I've kicked the card to the curb, and went back to Nvidia.

16 hours ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Are you kidding me?  Powercolor has been around forever and the red devil has consistently been a good cooler , since before polaris.  What are you on about?  Also, why switch to a z series mobo?  There’s literally no point when the CPU will boost itself to 5GHz on its own.

See above.  I hvae that exact GPU in my boyfriend’s computer it OCs really well and has adjustable LEDs.

I've never seen someone mistake the word "cooler" for "GPU model" before; first time for everything I guess 😉

Problem isn't with that. Problem is with AMD's drivers, or lack thereof. See above.

13 hours ago, tastiful said:

Would u recommend this cooler over the one I had listed earlier?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H22TC1N?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1

I would not. The 212 hasn't been a relevant cooler for years.

Hardware Canucks has some pretty good cooler shootouts, with some excellent budget offerings on their channel. Worth checking out to see what one fits in your budget. If you plan on keeping your system and upgrading only certain parts over the years as needed, then I'd strongly suggest investing in a good cooler. After all, if your CPU throttles because it's too hot, there isn't any point in having spent more on that in the first place.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red