My Friend Has Upgraded His Cpu to Ryzen 5000 And Now His System Is Extremely Unstable (Can't Go 30min Without BSOD)

We Have Tried Clearing The CMOS Multiple Times, Updated His BIOS To The Latest Version, Tried DownGrading To An Older BIOS Version And Did Nothing, Re-Installed His Windows And Tried Clean Installing Windows Multiple Times, Every Blue Screen Gives Very Different Stop Codes Every Time (I'll Try To Get them to Put In This Thread), But Yeah This Is Our Last Ditch Effort TO Figure This Out, Stop Code List So Far Is:(PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA)5 Times,(IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)4 Times, Many Programs Can't Install Like MSi AfterBurner And Windows Update Refuses To Work(1st Image Down Below), I Think This Is All A Motherboard Issue But Idk, I'm Trying To Duct Tape His System Together So It Can Hold Him Over Until He Can Get a New Motherboard, Update: He Just Got This Error In Event Viewer(2nd Image Down Below)

His System Is: CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X, Motherboard: Asrock b450m steel legend, RAM: VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit

unknown9.png

Resized_20220703_191516.jpeg.jpg

The stop codes you listed are primarily memory errors, I'd run a memory stress test to see if that picks up on anything. Also try disabling XMP if it's currently enabled to see if that can fix the issue (Corsair kits have been known to have weirdness enabling XMP on AMD systems in the past)

What the above post says is a suggestion I'd recommend as well. On top of that, you usually can swap CPUs with no issues with the same Windows install, but sometimes it doesn't like that so much.. If all else fails, I'd recommend creating a Recovery USB and attempt to repair Windows at first, if it still persists then I'd consider making a Windows Install USB and starting over from scratch.

EDIT: Also should be said that reverting BIOS to defaults would be something to attempt.

System Specs: (Click Expand)                                              

"Beatrix"

• CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3D
  • Motherboard GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS Pro Wi-Fi
  • RAM 2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200mhz CL16
  • GPU Gigabyte Eagle RX 6700XT
  • Case Corsair Crystal 280x
  • Storage 1x Samsung 980 Pro (1TB) 1x Samsung 970 Evo Plus (500GB) 1x Samsung 860 Evo (1TB)
  • PSU EVGA G5 850W
  • Display(s) 27" Viewsonic XG2705
  • Cooling Corsair H100i Elite Capellix AIO | 4x QL120 RGB fans | 2x QL140 RGB fans
  • Keyboard Logitech G Pro
  • Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed /w Powerplay
  • Sound Logitech G Pro Wired
  • Operating System Windows 10 Professional 21H1

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

The stop codes you listed are primarily memory errors, I'd run a memory stress test to see if that picks up on anything. Also try disabling XMP if it's currently enabled to see if that can fix the issue (Corsair kits have been known to have weirdness enabling XMP on AMD systems in the past)

I agree. I would start by disabling DOCP. It's not just unstable on AMD memory overclocking (especially past the maximum rate 3200mhz on AMD) is historically a terrible experience with impossible to decipher issues since non-ecc memory does not report errors. Next, the update failure can be result of a broken windows update module. I would try resetting that in services.msc if the memory is not the issue.

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The stop codes you listed are primarily memory errors, ....Also try disabling XMP

Agree with this, my friend had the exact same error and problems with just watching youtube. we was running a 3200 and then he adjusted it down to 3000/2800 (cant remember which) and the problem went away.

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Just Checked XMP IS Not Enabled, It Is Currently At 3200Mhz

1 minute ago, Stalin_Pepe said:

Just Checked XMP IS Not Enabled, It Is Currently At 3200Mhz

OK, that is weird, that kit should (if it's the CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 kit that has those exact same specs, if it's not let me know) default to 2133MHz when XMP is disabled. Is the frequency manually set to 3200MHz or is it on Auto and the motherboard BIOS is just automatically putting it to 3200MHz? 

58 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

OK, that is weird, that kit should (if it's the CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 kit that has those exact same specs, if it's not let me know) default to 2133MHz when XMP is disabled. Is the frequency manually set to 3200MHz or is it on Auto and the motherboard BIOS is just automatically putting it to 3200MHz? 

the frequency is set manually, Everything else involving ram is set to auto

28 minutes ago, Stalin_Pepe said:

the frequency is set manually, Everything else involving ram is set to auto

There's your problem. 3200MHz basically requires 1.35V, and if you just leave everything on auto it will set that to 1.2V. Either leave that setting on auto, enable XMP, or manually set the voltage and timings. 

10 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

There's your problem. 3200MHz basically requires 1.35V, and if you just leave everything on auto it will set that to 1.2V. Either leave that setting on auto, enable XMP, or manually set the voltage and timings. 

Currently Turning XMP On and yeah The Voltage Was auto Set To 1.2V while manually set to 3200mhz