Trying to download a whole Google Drive folder and have all of the files on my PC but it doesn't seem to work

I just graduated high school a couple weeks ago. I found out that my email will be deleted tomorrow, and everything associated with it as well, including my google drive. I have important documents in this big folder that will really help me in my future. I need to have these documents if possible. I have shared the whole folder with my personal account, and I see it. I have also downloaded the whole folder onto my computer. The issue comes when I try and open a document through my computer (not through Drive) and it brings me to the google drive website and it says I don't have access. Is it possible to just download everything as a PDF to my PC and then access it like that? Also if there is a way better way of doing this, please let me know. 

TIA

Sorry for asking this dumb question but how did you "download" it? The correct way is to right click on the folder and hit Download. I suspect you saved the page instead.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

1 minute ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Sorry for asking this dumb question but how did you "download" it? The correct way is to right click on the folder and hit Download. I suspect you saved the page instead.

I right clicked and hit download. but everything "downloaded" as a shortcut 

1 minute ago, SHG_Marsh said:

but everything "downloaded" as a shortcut 

Could you clarify a bit more on this? I'm unable to figure out why downloaded files would be shortcuts. Screenshots of the folder structure which is downloaded(blur out any sensitive info) might help.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

2 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Could you clarify a bit more on this? I'm unable to figure out why downloaded files would be shortcuts. Screenshots of the folder structure which is downloaded(blur out any sensitive info) might help.

I think I figured it out. I tried to download the "big main" folder all at once. When I went in and downloaded each individual folder inside the big folder, it seems to work. They all downloaded as word or PDF docs. I appreciate you trying to help