Windows 11 boot issues

t4r3

Recently I installed Windows 11 on my second partition so I have Windows 10 and Windows 11 on SSD. After choosing Win 11 in boot menu, sometimes my laptop wont go further...It only shows black screen and after 15s i think It reboots directly to Win 11 and everything is fine...sometimes it freezes on black screen after choosing Win 11 and I need to hold Power button...sometimes everything is OK ...can someone help me ???

specs:

Ryzen 5 5500u

1TB SSD

16GB RAM

*using AMD software for iGPU drivers

try running

bcdedit /set "{current}" bootmenupolicy legacy

in an administrator command prompt; it sounds like what's happening is the boot menu preloads windows 10, for some reason MS made it so it restarts for version mismatches. setting the boot menu to 'legacy' mode makes the boot menu look 20 years older but doesn't preload anything, avoiding the reboot and hopefully ALSO avoiding the crash you're experiencing.

48 minutes ago, zulc22 said:

try running

bcdedit /set "{current}" bootmenupolicy legacy

in an administrator command prompt; it sounds like what's happening is the boot menu preloads windows 10, for some reason MS made it so it restarts for version mismatches. setting the boot menu to 'legacy' mode makes the boot menu look 20 years older but doesn't preload anything, avoiding the reboot and hopefully ALSO avoiding the crash you're experiencing.

What do you say about fixing MBR (master boot record) in cmd ... I found somewhere on internet that this could fix my problems, but I didnt try it ...idk -_-

1 hour ago, t4r3 said:

What do you say about fixing MBR (master boot record) in cmd ... I found somewhere on internet that this could fix my problems, but I didnt try it ...idk -_-

if you have a system that's less than like 6 years old, it's not using MBR. just try what i already said