Computer Randomly Shuts down, Restarts with no sound drivers.

apeo

Ive got a 3 month old PC 
its had no issues until a recent install of Fortnite and Hell Let Loose.

Both games at random times have shutdown my pc and when it boots back up it has no sound drivers installed. i reinstall the drivers and its fine. 
it is not an overheating issue, i have reset to default my Mobo Bios.
i have benchmarked back to back of heaven (maxed settings) and Cinebench
i have AMD Ryzen 5 5600g, RTX 3050, 16gig of ram. nothing on my system is over 70 degrees (157F)

When the sound drivers are unloaded, and you restart the computer, does sound work afterwards? I'm having a similar problem with my 5600G, PC just turns off, and after starting again I have no audio, but a restart fixes it. Haven't quite figured out what causes it, but I can reproduce it playing Diablo Immortal and walking past a certain spot, I think it might be loading a new area into memory

1 hour ago, Alvin853 said:

When the sound drivers are unloaded, and you restart the computer, does sound work afterwards? I'm having a similar problem with my 5600G, PC just turns off, and after starting again I have no audio, but a restart fixes it. Haven't quite figured out what causes it, but I can reproduce it playing Diablo Immortal and walking past a certain spot, I think it might be loading a new area into memory

what ram are you using? mine happens loading into Fortnite and hell let loose. and fortnite has crashed once while playing. 

also forgot to mention, sound has come back once after a restart but ive had to install realtek audio drivers the other times.

Edited by apeo
attaching more information

31 minutes ago, apeo said:

what ram are you using? mine happens loading into Fortnite and hell let loose. and fortnite has crashed once while playing. 

I'm using some pretty good Kingston 3200 CL18 RAM, but I get crashes no matter if I run the RAM at stock speeds or with an (otherwise perfectly stable) overclock, and the RAM performs just fine on my 3700X, it's only the 5600G that is having issues.

i might add that i also play... Pubg, Wow classic and retail, Rust, LoL, Apex, Cod, Warzone, Diablo all maxed 1920x1080 with no issues. it seems to be just Fortnite and Hell Let Loose

• 2 weeks later...

still having this issue randomly surprised no one was able to help.