boot loop without booting?

So I built this pc around mid December of 2021. It's been serving me well until my power supply died on me and I had to get a new one. The power supply was old and looked sketchy, so I was kind of expecting it.

Ever since I built it, even before my PSU died, I've had this issue every month or so. I would power on my pc and watch the lights on my motherboard to make sure everything boots up correctly. It would never successfully get to the boot light. The first time I boot it up, the lights would loop around four times, only reaching the VGA light until it restarts again. After that, the light will stay on and would never actually boot up. I made sure to see if it was just being slow and it wasn't. I waited over 24 hours for it to boot at that state before and it never did.

Of course I did my own troubleshooting and found a temporary fix for it. I would take out the CMOS battery for around 5-10 minutes, letting all the power from my pc come out before doing so, and then put it back in and everything would be normal. It would do the boot loop thing again but instead of staying at the VGA light, it would finally boot up. It would be fine until a few weeks later when the issue would arise again. I ended up getting a new battery to replace my old one, thinking that it was the issue, but it didn't stop anything.

I always thought it was an issue with my power supply, but now that I've replaced it with a newer one with a higher voltage, my ideas have plateaued. I'm starting to think it's an issue with my motherboard, but I don't have any reasoning behind that.

I've attached some videos. The first one was before I reset the CMOS and the second one was after. The first video is in 5x speed and the second is in 7.5x speed because of the file size limit. 

My specs:

mobo: ASUS Rog Strix B550-A
PSU: Corsair RM750W in White
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600G
GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1650
SSD 1: ADATA 500GB SATA SSD
SSD 2: Western Digital 1TB M.2 SSD
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 8GB x2 
Case: NZXT H510 in White

Have you updated the bios on this board? If not, try that. Stay away from beta versions though.

1 hour ago, Guest 5150 said:

Have you updated the bios on this board? If not, try that. Stay away from beta versions though.

Oh my god I completely forgot that you had to update the bios😭😭 I'll stay on top of my updates now. Thank you

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2022 at 9:51 AM, Guest 5150 said:

I did end up updating my bios that day, but the same issue happened just now. Luckily my computer is running again but I have no idea what's wrong now because my bios doesn't need an update.

57 minutes ago, azzy said:

I did end up updating my bios that day, but the same issue happened just now. Luckily my computer is running again but I have no idea what's wrong now because my bios doesn't need an update.

Reading the original post again, the only idea off hand is to be sure CSM is disabled.

You can please detail the symptoms or they are the same?

On the videos I see ATX24 connector slightly not fully connected. It shouldn't be the case but you never know 😉 

Did you try reseat GPU/RAM?

On 8/15/2022 at 2:33 PM, Guest 5150 said:

Reading the original post again, the only idea off hand is to be sure CSM is disabled.

You can please detail the symptoms or they are the same?

they are the exact same

On 8/15/2022 at 2:43 PM, kryllyn said:

On the videos I see ATX24 connector slightly not fully connected. It shouldn't be the case but you never know 😉 

Did you try reseat GPU/RAM?

Ooh i'll fix that. And i did