XLR and headset Mic

Tankman1313

Anyone know of a way i can easily switch between my XLR mic and my headset mic on a click of a button?

50 minutes ago, Tankman1313 said:

Anyone know of a way i can easily switch between my XLR mic and my headset mic on a click of a button?

There may be several ways.  This may depend a lot on what you have for a setup.  What do you have for a setup?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Tankman1313 said:

You'd probably have to hook both the headset mic and the XLR mic into an audio interface and then use the audio interface to switch the source. What kind of headset do you have?

4 hours ago, superwolfkin said:

You'd probably have to hook both the headset mic and the XLR mic into an audio interface and then use the audio interface to switch the source. What kind of headset do you have?

I have the Roccat Elo air 7.1

5 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

There may be several ways.  This may depend a lot on what you have for a setup.  What do you have for a setup?

I have my XLR Mic going into a Behringer XENYX 502 Mixer and a roccat elo air 7.1 wireless headset

6 hours ago, Tankman1313 said:

I have my XLR Mic going into a Behringer XENYX 502 Mixer and a roccat elo air 7.1 wireless headset

Wasn’t what I was looking for, but it’s not unuseful.  So the mixer does the ADC for the xlr mic and the headphones themselves do the ADC for the headphone mic?  So you have to do the switching on the digital side because one of the devices can only be accessed on the digital side.  If they were both accessible when the data is analog this would be super easy.  Assuming this is correct the mixer goes into one input mini jack on the back of the computer, and the headset mic goes into another.  You want to switch the source with a single physical button.  I would think a macro program is what you are looking for.  You do a macro of the switching process and then bind it to a button.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.