Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

XLR and headset Mic

Tankman1313
 Share

Anyone know of a way i can easily switch between my XLR mic and my headset mic on a click of a button?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Tankman1313 said:

Anyone know of a way i can easily switch between my XLR mic and my headset mic on a click of a button?

There may be several ways.  This may depend a lot on what you have for a setup.  What do you have for a setup?

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tankman1313 said:

Anyone know of a way i can easily switch between my XLR mic and my headset mic on a click of a button?

 You'd probably have to hook both the headset mic and the XLR mic into an audio interface and then use the audio interface to switch the source. What kind of headset do you have?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, superwolfkin said:

 You'd probably have to hook both the headset mic and the XLR mic into an audio interface and then use the audio interface to switch the source. What kind of headset do you have?

I have the Roccat Elo air 7.1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

There may be several ways.  This may depend a lot on what you have for a setup.  What do you have for a setup?

I have my XLR Mic going into a Behringer XENYX 502 Mixer and a roccat elo air 7.1 wireless headset

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tankman1313 said:

I have my XLR Mic going into a Behringer XENYX 502 Mixer and a roccat elo air 7.1 wireless headset

Wasn’t what I was looking for, but it’s not unuseful.  So the mixer does the ADC for the xlr mic and the headphones themselves do the ADC for the headphone mic?  So you have to do the switching on the digital side because one of the devices can only be accessed on the digital side.  If they were both accessible when the data is analog this would be super easy.  Assuming this is correct the mixer goes into one input mini jack on the back of the computer, and the headset mic goes into another.  You want to switch the source with a single physical button.  I would think a macro program is what you are looking for.  You do a macro of the switching process and then bind it to a button.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×