RTX 3060 or 6600 XT/6650 XT for future proofing

With gpu prices finally dropping I am looking to upgrade my rx 580 to a new gpu in the lower tier range. I want this new gpu to last for a few years but I'm not sure which between the  3060 or 6600xt would last longer. I know Amds are more powerful I'm concerned about the 8 gb of vram being an issue whereas the 3060's 12 gb might last longer. I am only gaming at 1080p but in my research I've seen 8 gb cards fill up at 1080p in a few benchmarks, just looking for some other opinions.

Neither are going to me really more future proof. Having a larger frame buffer isnt just a defacto benefit, as the actual Core GPU is going to be vastly more limited. The only time having that kind of frame buffer helps is generally in games that are memory hogs (very specific to what you play) and higher resolutions, both of which are going to suck for either card. 

If you are just playing games, honestly whichever has the better price is the one id go with, although pricies are still coming down. If you are going to be recording gameplay or anything like that, its NVIDIA by default, AMDS re-live is pretty trash still sadly and STILL has audio issues. If AMD manages to fix it sometime this year or next, then it would just come down to which performs best in the games you play.

Depends on what psu you have right now and what I would trust with it. 3000 series card have some power spikes. Really those "x vs y test in 10 games" really only matters if you plan to play those specific games at exactly those same settings. I wouldn't worry on vram too much depending on what you plan to do with those cards, since I only know a couple of games personally that would max out 8 gigs of vram, although if someone knows otherwise feeI free to correct me. would probably recommend the 6600xt because price depending on what country you're in can range from 30 dollars to 200.  Although if you do plan to use Ray tracing or using their nvenc encoder, that would weigh more towards nvidia 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also on the same kind of question and didn't find which one to take, honestly all of them will do better than my 4 year old MSI GTX1050 OC2G. for what i read, Raytracing and stuff isn't something to speak about in the low/mid range when i see benchmarks i tend to go for Nvidea but the fact that when i see benchmarks in youtube AMD is way better for a price/efficiency point of view no matter what.

since i'm going for Gaming at 1080P in my 24" Asus Screen i think i will probably go for a new PSU (650W) and a 6700 XT if i find a way to ship it to my adress (Algeria)