So I have this network issue and I need to solve it, like yesterday...

Lumikor

So it goes like that. I have my ISP modem/router which I used only as a modem, my router (ASUS RT-AX92U) is connected to the first port, to this router I'm connected via CAT5 to my xbox, NAS and I think the TV too, not 100% sure about that one. with WIFI i'm connecting my other devices. Seems normal, right? well, here's the problem. My Xioami Robot Vaccum 2 Pro refuse to connect to my Asus router at 2.4G, I don't really know why, I haven't changed anything when I first activated the router but the network name and password. But it does connect to my ISP modem/router without any issues. The problem with that is that I now have two extra networks at home and I also think it causes issues with my connection to the ISP. 

1. Does anyone have similar experiance with Asus and and Xioami robots? Do I miss a setting in Asus interface? 

2. Let's say there's no way in hell to make the two love each other, how should I setup my Asus? Two routers are not a good idea for my understand, but, I don't want to use my ISP piece of crap with my NAS.

3. How do you feel? 

Thank you very much and have a great weekend!

Are you sure your ISP box is in bridge mode? If so it shouldn't be broadcasting any Wi-Fi.

The vacuum might not like what channel your Asus router is broadcasting on (regional limitations can often be a pain) so try changing the channel. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

39 minutes ago, Lumikor said:

My Xioami Robot Vaccum 2 Pro refuse to connect to my Asus router at 2.4G

Is your wireless router set to broadcast the same SSID on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz antennae? What type of encryption is being used on the 2.4GHz signal?

Most IoT devices get confused when both your dual band broadcasts are using the same SSID. The solution to this is to give your 2.4GHz band a different name that distinguishes it from the concurrent 5GHz one and reconnect your IoT devices to the new SSID.

Also, WPA/WPA2 with AES gives best compatibility with most IoT devices. While WPA3 is new and more secure coming with WiFi 6, your IoT devices are less likely to be compatible with it.

@Falcon1986 I'm not using the same SSID, it's XXX2.4 and XXX5, the 2.4 is WPA2 Personal with AES, 5 is WPA3 Personal. I'm not sure why it's not connecting to the Asus but does connect to the ISP garbage. I don't have any issues with other devices I tried so far (iPhone, iPad, iWatch, TV, XBOX and some friends android and pc devices) it's driving me insane. 

@Kilrah the ISP modem is right now also a router because my bot won't connect to the Asus router, I must have it on, so I need advice on how to fix the bot issue or how to restracture the network with both the asus and the isp modem. But I really have to fix this thing.