The 1st "Facebook phone" is down to 99 cents

fuzedzn

Facebook phone drops to 99 cents after less than 1 month.

http://mashable.com/2013/05/08/facebook-phone-now-99-cents/

What do you think of a "Facebook phone"?

Any need for it? And now theres a "Whats-App" phone coming soon, Is social media taking over the phone world?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

Social Media is the world i mean anyone can use it and contact anyone, anywhere for free :), if that don't interest you i don't know what would :p

I don't really see the point of a phone used for a specific app only. If you can't call with it, you can't call it a phone. That's what defines a phone. The ability to call someone. 

I know there are a lot of the word call in the line above :p

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Social Media is the world i mean anyone can use it and contact anyone, anywhere for free :), if that don't interest you i don't know what would :P

Something like twitter i use all the time, But only cause its got logical people on it.. Not people that put stupid videos on :/

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

Yeah im not saying i love the idea of Social Media all over my phone, but its to big to stop its just people with to much money trying to grab a slice of the market for the hardcore users of there product.

I agree with XiaoPigs, i want a phone to do everything i need it to not just facebook this isnt a phone its a pda imo

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

These phones are fads, forgotten about just as fast as they are launched.

I agree with XiaoPigs, i want a phone to do everything i need it to not just facebook this isnt a phone its a pda imo

These phones are fads, forgotten about just as fast as they are launched.

I agree, Its not the place for a "phone". If i want to talk to someone on my phone i have iMessage or BBM, etc..

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

I personally am not on twitter because im scared of all the #'s and the @'s and also the only way is Essex uses it so that's a big turn off ! 

I personally am not on twitter because im scared of all the #'s and the @'s and also the only way is Essex uses it so that's a big turn off ! 

Honestly, Its easy ahah... How people are scared of it or dont know how to use it baffles me ahah... And just 'cause TOWIE uses it doesn't make it worse :/.. (i don't work for twitter btw)

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

Honestly, Its easy ahah... How people are scared of it or dont know how to use it baffles me ahah... And just 'cause TOWIE uses it doesn't make it worse :/.. (i don't work for twitter btw)

I'm only joking but i've never used it plus i have no need to be in contact with people in this matter such as Celebrities and business in that way only Linus for the live stream i wish  

I'm only joking but i've never used it plus i have no need to be in contact with people in this matter such as Celebrities and business in that way only Linus for the live stream i wish  

Hmm, well i dont follow any celebs, But through twitter i found some awesome people who are now some of my good friends and maybe even a job from it ahaha

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

Hmm, well i dont follow any celebs, But through twitter i found some awesome people who are now some of my good friends and maybe even a job from it ahaha

Oh congrats how did that happen??

Oh congrats how did that happen??

What the job?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

What the job?

Yeah if thats not a personal question 

Yeah if thats not a personal question

Well it started out as me following this guy with 20,000 subs on youtube (he's a graphics designer) and one day he asked if he should buy a new pc from some builder site.. I offered to build it for him so we got talking (i was always a fan of his but never really spoke before).. Then he made a site called Posterspy.com. (Now the job isnt a job yet but it could be soon) The site has had loads of views in very short amount of time. So anyway, Based on figures weve seen and the amount its still growing it could turn into a job for him and me, Because he needs someone to do social media and emails etc.. So yea.. :D

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

isnt the "facebook phone" a OS based around android and on existing mobile devices.

i have a feeling in about 2-3 years time people being aloud to choose what OS there phones

Character artist in the Games industry.

isnt the "facebook phone" a OS based around android and on existing mobile devices.

i have a feeling in about 2-3 years time people being aloud to choose what OS there phones

A multi OS phone would be a great idea! 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

If they'd pay me 99 cents a click I'd get one.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Actually there is one semi-compelling reason to have one... the fact that you can get rid of Facebook home!... which means you get completely vanilla android :). (knowing HTC you'll be stuck in 4.1 forever though, only FB home will get some updates)

Said it before said it a million times, this is not the FIRST facebook phone, I swear am I the only one who hasn't forgotten about the HTC ChaCha and Salsa?

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

i see this as a big app for a phone... if its an os its for the sad people who duck face and think they are "hot"

Character artist in the Games industry.

Why would I pay 99 cents for a Facebook phone when I can download the Facebook app for free on my Nexus 4...   :P

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Said it before said it a million times, this is not the FIRST facebook phone, I swear am I the only one who hasn't forgotten about the HTC ChaCha and Salsa?

no you're not :). I actually know someone who bought a ChaCha...