Just want to ask can a 700W PSU support a RTX3070 Ti and a i5 12600KF?

This is a relatively simple question because I ain't no pc expert but I want to upgrade to a RTX 3070 Ti and I am not sure if my 700w PSU can handle both the new RTX3070 Ti and my current i5 12600KF

Here is the full spec for refence:

Motherboard: Asus H610M K D4

Processor: Intel i5-12600KF (Running at standard UEFI Turbo Speed)

GPU: MSI Ventus 3X RTX3070 Ti (Currently RTX3050)

RAM: 16GB (8x2) Adata XPG D50

Drives: 1TB Seagate 7200RPM drive+2TB Seagate 7200RPM drive+256GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus

CPU Cooler: Aigo 240 double fan (LGA1700 model)

Fans: 4 Fans 12CM

PSU: CoolerMaster MWE Bronze V2 700W/230V

I think it will be borderline, if it was me I would over spec slightly to 850 / 860 to allow for a buffer over time.

You already have it. 

You try it. 

It either works or it doesn't. 

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

A good 700w psu most likely. But yours hard no.

Just to make sure I noticed that I had a bit of a typo with the brand name but yeah it is CoolerMaster lol 

1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

You already have it. 

You try it. 

I don't have the 3070 Ti, yet I am asking because I need to know if it works. That thing ain't cheap and I certainly am not Bill Gates XD

1 minute ago, ISU152 said:

Just to make sure I noticed that I had a bit of a typo with the brand name but yeah it is CoolerMaster lol 

yeah the mwe bronze v2 700w has been tried before with a 3070 and it's been mixed results. Its a decent psu just doesn't handle the spikes. You can try it but don't hold your breath a 3070ti is normally too much for it.

On 6/19/2022 at 7:53 AM, ISU152 said:

I don't have the 3070 Ti, yet I am asking because I need to know if it works. That thing ain't cheap and I certainly am not Bill Gates XD

So you have it set in your head that if the PSU isn't good enough, it automatically kills your parts? 

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

yeah the mwe bronze v2 700w has been tried before with a 3070 and it's been mixed results. Its a decent psu just doesn't handle the spikes. You can try it but don't hold your breath a 3070ti is normally too much for it.

Aww then I may have to go for a RTX 3060ti then...

Just now, jonnyGURU said:

So you have it set in your head that iff the PSU isn't good enough, it automatically kills your parts? 

Nah, just that if I got the GPU and it isn't up to the task, I will need to spend more money to buy another PSU and if it can't handle I might as well go for a lower grade. I know it doesn't kill parts.

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

@ISU152 +1 for this, just wanna add on top of that, it's either gonna be too loud for you or not.

On paper, and purely from a can it run and not shut down. It's more than fine and is very likely to work, the MWE V2 are decently made units, and that 3070 TI you have is gonna be around ~320W tops (going by GamersNexus+HardwareUnboxed+Techpowerup + O!Technology roundup). And the 12600KF is gonna be around ~130W going by GamersNexus video. And the rest of your system is gonna be 60-75w, but probably less.

So about ~545w worst case scenario.

Having said that The unit is gonna be loud at ~545W draw (Going by Cybenetics), so this is the make or brake point, the noise. Other than that are you doing something about the the VRMs on that board ?, cause that's gonna throttle your CPU a bit, unless you zip-tie a 80-120mm to cool them, or get the Silverstone VRM bracket and a 80mm for a cleaner cooling option.

56 minutes ago, ISU152 said:

Nah, just that if I got the GPU and it isn't up to the task, I will need to spend more money to buy another PSU and if it can't handle I might as well go for a lower grade. I know it doesn't kill parts.

Ah.. I see.  I thought you were already committed to the 3070.

Just replace the PSU.  At least the next time you upgrade the GPU, you won't be here asking again.  😄

On 6/19/2022 at 11:54 PM, jonnyGURU said:

Ah.. I see.  I thought you were already committed to the 3070.

Just replace the PSU.  At least the next time you upgrade the GPU, you won't be here asking again.  😄

Thanks, I already found one but since 4000 series are coming out I might as well wait a bit

On 6/22/2022 at 8:07 PM, ISU152 said:

Thanks, I already found one but since 4000 series are coming out I might as well wait a bit

Just keep in mind that a good PSU will last 5-10 years in most cases. So don't worry about getting a overkill 1000+ watt PSU because as jonnGURU hinted at you will likely never ask yourself "Can I run this?", which will also save you money down the road as PSU's aren't getting any cheaper.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

On 6/19/2022 at 10:56 AM, ISU152 said:

Aww then I may have to go for a RTX 3060ti then...

Nothing wrong with a 3060ti. I have one myself, albeit an 8GB OC Asus KO. But then again, I run a Corsair RM850x.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

8 hours ago, Hybris5112 said:

watt PSU because as jonnGURU hinted at you will likely never ask yourself "Can I run this?", which will also save you money down the road as PSU's aren't getting any cheaper.

A thing keep in mind, PSUs @jonnyGURU designed or from other companies he has a clue about how they were developed, or those he opened/tested are one thing. But some more random is another. And Aris has mentioned multiple times the 200% 100us excursion is not the most worrisome one. It's the 160% 10ms one that's gonna make or break most PSUs. And specifically the most wildcardian range is the 3-10ms transients.

On the other hand Steve from GamersNexus mentioned Nvidia is trying to reign in the transient spikes a bit so there's that 🙂

Best advice is wait until 4000 is out and 3rd party tested, and get a PSU then. Otherwise, if you don't mind reselling often, get whatever, whenever, however xD

On 6/24/2022 at 6:22 PM, Dogzilla07 said:

A thing keep in mind, PSUs @jonnyGURU designed or from other companies he has a clue about how they were developed, or those he opened/tested are one thing. But some more random is another. And Aris has mentioned multiple times the 200% 100us excursion is not the most worrisome one. It's the 160% 10ms one that's gonna make or break most PSUs. And specifically the most wildcardian range is the 3-10ms transients.

On the other hand Steve from GamersNexus mentioned Nvidia is trying to reign in the transient spikes a bit so there's that 🙂

Best advice is wait until 4000 is out and 3rd party tested, and get a PSU then. Otherwise, if you don't mind reselling often, get whatever, whenever, however xD

exactly what I am doing, I saw people saying that 3070 ti is a bit expensive for the money so I am holding back till 4000 series then Imma go for 4060, 4060 ti or 4070 and 4070 ti. If they are too expensive then I may go for 3070 or 3080 then. Also don't ask me why I didn't choose AMD because where I live AMD is at least 25% more expensive than Nvidia and Intel for some reason.