Niresh boot problems (OS X Mavericks)

Hello everyone, 

I've recently (after watching the video of linus) tried to install OS X on my Desktop PC. As i didn't have a real Mac at my disposal i opted for a distro: Niresh. 
It was a real pain in the ass to install everything (to make my usb Finally bootable, to make the partition - the disk utility wouldn't make a HFS+) but after a lot of struggle it is finally installed : i thought. 

I have installed the clover uefi bootloader instead of chameleon. After the installation if i try to boot in clover to OS X i get full hd apple logo but after a long time it's still loading. The second attempt I tried to boot from the niresh usb in to os x and then i get an apple logo but low quality : still no luck. The 3rd attempt i booted from the usb with the following parameters: -v GraphicsEnabler=No -f -x : FINALLY IT BOOTS! but now my question: First of all i want to be able to boot from my bootloader instead of usb and the second if i don't boot into safe mode (hence the '-x') i get the following error :

Boot error Nerish

Is there anybody out there to help me out with this? I would be very thankfull : i just want to try osx : never used it before and i think it's general knowledge if you study Applied Informatics  :)

Greetings Gianni

post-66591-0-01004100-1398322531_thumb.j

to be honest, I dont have any experience with osx. But when Linus did his recent hackintosh build guide, he mentiones some guys that can help out with problems regarding osx installation

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Hello everyone, 

I've recently (after watching the video of linus) tried to install OS X on my Desktop PC. As i didn't have a real Mac at my disposal i opted for a distro: Niresh. 

It was a real pain in the ass to install everything (to make my usb Finally bootable, to make the partition - the disk utility wouldn't make a HFS+) but after a lot of struggle it is finally installed : i thought. 

I have installed the clover uefi bootloader instead of chameleon. After the installation if i try to boot in clover to OS X i get full hd apple logo but after a long time it's still loading. The second attempt I tried to boot from the niresh usb in to os x and then i get an apple logo but low quality : still no luck. The 3rd attempt i booted from the usb with the following parameters: -v GraphicsEnabler=No -f -x : FINALLY IT BOOTS! but now my question: First of all i want to be able to boot from my bootloader instead of usb and the second if i don't boot into safe mode (hence the '-x') i get the following error :

Is there anybody out there to help me out with this? I would be very thankfull : i just want to try osx : never used it before and i think it's general knowledge if you study Applied Informatics  :)

Greetings Gianni

Maybe we can help, but we need some more Information:

Which hardware do you use??

Also you should try this Bootflag: -v npci=0×2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -x     (maybe without the -x)

After the post install it should then normally work 

Business Management Student @ University St. Gallen (Switzerland)

HomeServer: i7 4930k - GTX 1070ti - ASUS Rampage IV Gene - 32Gb Ram

Laptop: MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2018

Operating Systems (Virtualised using VMware): Windows Pro 10, Cent OS 7

I would just reinstall windows and since you just want to try OSX, install it in VirtualBox.  The problem with installing OSX is that it varies greatly depending on the hardware.

• 2 months later...

that looks like a graphics problem....so yea def use GraphicsEnabler=No......for the usb...first of r u on a mrb or uefi?

• 1 month later...
No matter what I do I either get this error, a frozen screen on the apple logo (it is defienetly frozen as I left it for about a half an hour to be absolutley sure) or just a black blank screen. I have an AMD A6-54000K APU processor. I have tried various boot flags in different combinations including "AMD" "AMD64" "-x" "-v" "GraphicEnabler=No"

Can someone please help? This is supposed to support AMD.

post-123867-0-16889600-1409868403_thumb.

No matter what I do I either get this error, a frozen screen on the apple logo (it is defienetly frozen as I left it for about a half an hour to be absolutley sure) or just a black blank screen. I have an AMD A6-54000K APU processor. I have tried various boot flags in different combinations including "AMD" "AMD64" "-x" "-v" "GraphicEnabler=No"

Remember, it may not support your processor which although it is AMD, it may only support the FX Line of processors, not an APU.

What I would do is scour all of these Hackintosh forums and make sure that your processor has had a Successful Boot, symbolising that it can be done with your processor.

Compatible with Windows 95

Hello everyone, 

Greetings Gianni

That Bluetooth error...it might be related to your processor. I tried to install Mavericks into VirtualBox but it would always hang on the Bluetooth stack thingy. I found out that there was a bug with the Haswell processors (which I own). Using VirtualBox, I could change the type of CPU detected by VirtualBox to fool Mavericks and boot properly. I don't know if you are using an Haswell CPU or not, but it might be the issue.

• 5 weeks later...

...If you are still having the problem, I want to tell you you posted the question at the wrong place. Linus tech tips is for miscellaneous tech tips, not for hackintosh. Linus might have done the demo just to show you can...

You should ask on hackintosh forums like insanelymac, tonymacx86 and niresh etc to get your question answered.

But anyway, your problem is "how to boot without the USB".

Easy, just use the clover installation pkg file, and select the destination as "Macintosh HD" or whatever label your mac is installed on. In BIOS settings set the first boot device as your hard drive. Done. Now you just have to use the same parameters.

BTW GraphicsEnabler is exclusive to chameleon bootloader, it have no use in clover. You need to uncheck the Inject Intel/nVidia/AMD or whatever at the options menu in clover to deiable graphics injector. Refer to this post: http://www.hackintoshosx.com/topic/14668-guide-clover-efi-bootloader/?p=63200

No, the stock/vanilla kernel doesn't support AMD. You need the modified kernel for AMD.

• 4 weeks later...

That Bluetooth error...it might be related to your processor. I tried to install Mavericks into VirtualBox but it would always hang on the Bluetooth stack thingy. I found out that there was a bug with the Haswell processors (which I own). Using VirtualBox, I could change the type of CPU detected by VirtualBox to fool Mavericks and boot properly. I don't know if you are using an Haswell CPU or not, but it might be the issue.

Hi,

I've got exactly the same problem and the same processor.

How do you change the CPU type in virtualbox?

Hi,

I've got exactly the same problem and the same processor.

How do you change the CPU type in virtualbox?

Taken from : http://www.macbreaker.com/2014/05/os-x-mavericks-in-virtualbox-with-niresh.html

NOTE 2: Virtualbox may have problems booting Mac OS X if your computer uses an Intel Haswell processor (i.e. if your computer was built/bought in 2013 or later). If this is this case, you will have to trick Virtualbox into thinking that your processor is actually an older model. To do this, open the Command Prompt in Windows (make sure you are logged into an Administrator account on Windows). You can do this by opening the Start Menu, and typing "command prompt" into the Start Menu search bar. Then, type the following command into the Command Prompt.

cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\Virtualbox"

This command will change the focus of the Command Prompt to the program folder for Virtualbox (if you installed Virtualbox somewhere different, then change the command to wherever you installed it). Next, type in this command:

VBoxManage modifyvm <Name of virtual machine> --cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 00020800 80000201 178bfbff

This command activates "vboxmanage", a command-line program included with Virtualbox that allows you to edit the properties of your virtual machine, including its built-in resolutions. Replace "Name of virtual machine" with the name of your virtual machine (no quotation marks)-- you can find the name of your virtual machine in the left pane of the Virtualbox main window. This command should do the trick. -