Ocean Surfing Microsoft attempts high-steaks pirate raid of lady's battleship. How do I disable Windows 11 banners/screen takeovers? FFS

Melano
Go to solution Solved by manikyath,

disable your TPM, magical no more win11 whining.

i'm fully inclined to ride out win10 until EOL, and/or until i can be bothered to strip all the bs out of win11. given the prospects however, i'm more tempted to go with a pcie passtrough windows VM and 'looking glass' at this point.

Title. Honestly disgusted at this point. 11 looks like shit and is just another Millennium Edition. Not touching busted garbage. Already got forced into using 10 because MS want's your friggin soul. I'm sure the spyware is 1000x worse. Also, the whole I don't own my PC thing.

"We're gunna blow this mother♥♥♥♥er up." - Barret FFVII Abridged, in regards to the Mako Factory.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STAIRS?!" - Eddy (Ed, Edd 'n Eddy), while sneaking Ed out of his room.

2 minutes ago, Melano said:

I'd try it if it ran the games I wanted to play normally without emulation.

Many more games are supported these days and steams built in compatibility layer features make it even easier.

0E7FC725-155C-47D3-AD85-E5FB7BE8A6B5.thumb.jpeg.e748940989a36832d38f80087a563627.jpeg

the only solution to computer freedom, not using windows 

2 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Many more games are supported these days and steams built in compatibility layer features make it even easier.
[Piccu was here!]

the only solution to computer freedom, not using windows 

Final Fantasy XIV doesn't work without tons of work. :<

"We're gunna blow this mother♥♥♥♥er up." - Barret FFVII Abridged, in regards to the Mako Factory.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STAIRS?!" - Eddy (Ed, Edd 'n Eddy), while sneaking Ed out of his room.

i'm fully inclined to ride out win10 until EOL, and/or until i can be bothered to strip all the bs out of win11. given the prospects however, i'm more tempted to go with a pcie passtrough windows VM and 'looking glass' at this point.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

How do I disable that?

Edit: O bios.

15 minutes ago, manikyath said:

[Thread OP Note: Disable TPM in your BIOS settings.]

Thaaaaank you~

13 hours ago, Melano said:

Final Fantasy XIV doesn't work without tons of work. :<

Have you heard of XIVLauncher which doesn't require lots of work to get the game running on linux.