Ryzen 3300X reports 95ºC

OuweSok

Hi guys, I have a Ryzen 3300X in a B450I Aorus Pro WIFI MoBo and whenever I run a stress test (Linpack Extreme, Prime95, Cinebench) the CPU temperature rises to 95ºC in less than 30 seconds.

Quite impossible, really, with a properly mounted, operational Wraith Stealth and Arctic MX-4 as thermal paste.

I have tried various different sensor softwares (Ryzen Master, HWINfo64, CPUID HWmonitor) and they agree that the temp is 95ºC

Bad CPU? Will this CPU work properly?

5 minutes ago, OuweSok said:

Quite impossible, really, with a properly mounted, operational Wraith Stealth and Arctic MX-4 as thermal paste.

apparently not. what case is it in, and what is your fan setup? did you try custom fan curves? what are the temps in game, and normal idle?

5 minutes ago, OuweSok said:

no, the cpu should still be fine

4 minutes ago, OuweSok said:

Hi guys, I have a Ryzen 3300X in a B450I Aorus Pro WIFI MoBo and whenever I run a stress test (Linpack Extreme, Prime95, Cinebench) the CPU temperature rises to 95ºC in less than 30 seconds.

I have tried various different sensor softwares (Ryzen Master, HWINfo64, CPUID HWmonitor) and they agree that the temp is 95ºC

I'd off the bat say bad mounting pressure but with a stock mount, it's pretty hard to screw it up. Have you tried a reseat of the cooler?

Hey, thanks for the quick replies. It is sitting in a Mastercase H100 with a single 20cm fan.

I don't game with the system, I have assembled it for selling.

just ran Cinebench R23 and it came back with a score of 6428, which sounds fairly normal (Cinebench R23 Benchmark Scores [2022] (nanoreview.net) reports 6876).

I've mounted coolers 100+ times. A Wraith Stealth is not possible to misplace 🙂

16 minutes ago, OuweSok said:

Hey, thanks for the quick replies. It is sitting in a Mastercase H100 with a single 20cm fan.

I don't game with the system, I have assembled it for selling.

just ran Cinebench R23 and it came back with a score of 6428, which sounds fairly normal (Cinebench R23 Benchmark Scores [2022] (nanoreview.net) reports 6876).

I've mounted coolers 100+ times. A Wraith Stealth is not possible to misplace 🙂

I understand you may have mounted hundreds of coolers. But did you try remounting this one specifically? S**t happens to even the best of us.

So I disassembled the system, the cooler was mounted just fine. I ran a test with my loudest Wraith Stealth that allows me to hear when it changes speed 🙂

On a B450 Pro Max mobo the CPU stays below 70ºC running Linpack. That's what I'm used to see.

On the B450I Aorus Pro WIFI the CPU goes up again to 95ºC, in open air, with the same cooler

I replaced the Ryzen 3300X with a Ryzen 2600 and that one was steady at 50ºC under Linpack

This MoBo seems a bad combo with the Ryzen 3300X.

The BIOS is F51 from July 2020