Xfinity Xfi app not showing devices that are connected to ethernet

Go to solution Solved by Pog Bob,
2 hours ago, PyCCo_TyPuCTo said:

Why is new router not an option?

Unplug it, call them, say your Internet is down and their router is dead, they have to replace it or you go to AT&T.

They will ask you to make sure it's plugged it and reboot it. Say you did. Don't actually do it.

They have no option left other than send a tech with new router for you.

so I called them, the router they gave me is meant for speeds over 800mbps it was a white one, they told me i need another which is a black one (staying color for reference as xfinity said that shit matters.) IDK how the fuck a router meant for higher speeds wont work with 400+mbps connection, That solve HALF my problems, the new router only shows the half of devices that the old one didn't do I am still fucked ( but it is ok as most of the devices I needed to port are there). NEW FUCKING ISSUSE if you give a static IP on any xfinity router right now it bricks the router and you have to factory reset it.

SOULOTION was to down grade my xfinity router as the one i had wouldn't work cause i have 400 and not 800+ mbps.

I DONT EVEN KNOW ANYMORE.

I want to start of by saying I have tried a lot of stuff, and I am lost and in desperate need of help. Xfinity's Xfi app (which soon will be the only way to config their shitty router) does not display devices that use ethernet. It only displays devices that use WiFi. I tried releasing IPs and getting new ones, I have tried disabling ipv6 (which people say is the issues) it did nothing. The devices show up in the offline list meaning devices connected to ethernet not only not show up, but they also only get detected for a few seconds after being plugged in by ethernet and then they go offline. Any idea what the issue is? Any fixes? as a new router/modem is not an option.

5 hours ago, Pog Bob said:

I want to start of by saying I have tried a lot of stuff, and I am lost and in desperate need of help. Xfinity's Xfi app (which soon will be the only way to config their shitty router) does not display devices that use ethernet. It only displays devices that use WiFi. I tried releasing IPs and getting new ones, I have tried disabling ipv6 (which people say is the issues) it did nothing. The devices show up in the offline list meaning devices connected to ethernet not only not show up, but they also only get detected for a few seconds after being plugged in by ethernet and then they go offline. Any idea what the issue is? Any fixes? as a new router/modem is not an option.

Call Xfinity and tell them to fix their shit. It’s their gateway and they are the only ones who can fix it. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Call Xfinity and tell them to fix their shit. It’s their gateway and they are the only ones who can fix it. 

Want to know something very very fucking funny. FUCK XFINITY, we called 6 times, made 6 appointments with them to send someone all six times for some reason they canceled then to fix the issue with their router they sent us A FUCKING XFINITY FLEX (their shitty TV service). Now I am stuck here, cant get my home server running. FUCK Xfinity,

1 hour ago, Pog Bob said:

Want to know something very very fucking funny. FUCK XFINITY, we called 6 times, made 6 appointments with them to send someone all six times for some reason they canceled then to fix the issue with their router they sent us A FUCKING XFINITY FLEX (their shitty TV service). Now I am stuck here, cant get my home server running. FUCK Xfinity,

I have Xfinity and I DONT use their modem. I DONT have any issues with port forwarding and such that you need for servers. Thats literally your only solution if you want feature rich experience. The only issue with buying your own is you then need to pay them $30 a month for unlimited instead of the $25 a month that includes their shit gateway. 

The other option is look for another provider. In my area we have been looking at T Mobile and I have been paying attention to Charter as I think they are building out in our town. The issue with T Mobile is you dont get a public IPv4 address. Charter's issue is their customer service is no better than Comcast. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

I have Xfinity and I DONT use their modem. I DONT have any issues with port forwarding and such that you need for servers. Thats literally your only solution if you want feature rich experience. The only issue with buying your own is you then need to pay them $30 a month for unlimited instead of the $25 a month that includes their shit gateway. 

The other option is look for another provider. In my area we have been looking at T Mobile and I have been paying attention to Charter as I think they are building out in our town. The issue with T Mobile is you dont get a public IPv4 address. Charter's issue is their customer service is no better than Comcast. 

Ya i have at&t or xfinity and only xfinity offeres speeds of 300 mbps+ at&t only goes for 100 mbps for $100

Unplug it, call them, say your Internet is down and their router is dead, they have to replace it or you go to AT&T.

They will ask you to make sure it's plugged it and reboot it. Say you did. Don't actually do it.

2 hours ago, PyCCo_TyPuCTo said:

so I called them, the router they gave me is meant for speeds over 800mbps it was a white one, they told me i need another which is a black one (staying color for reference as xfinity said that shit matters.) IDK how the fuck a router meant for higher speeds wont work with 400+mbps connection, That solve HALF my problems, the new router only shows the half of devices that the old one didn't do I am still fucked ( but it is ok as most of the devices I needed to port are there). NEW FUCKING ISSUSE if you give a static IP on any xfinity router right now it bricks the router and you have to factory reset it.

SOULOTION was to down grade my xfinity router as the one i had wouldn't work cause i have 400 and not 800+ mbps.

I DONT EVEN KNOW ANYMORE.