Buying pc components

Hey, I’ve been on the edge of buying my pc components but I want to get them a little slowly buy buying them 2-3 at a time. My components are: 

• Amd ryzen 5 5600x
  • Gigabyte GeForce rtx 3060 vision
  • Asus rog strix b550 a gaming
  • Lian li O11D mini Snow White 
  • Corsair dominator 16gb ram
  • 1TB m.2 
  • Nzxt kraken x53
  • Cooler master 750w sfx psU
  • 7 case fans 

if someone can give me a suggestion on what to buy first and so on it would be appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Bilalsik786 said:

Hey, I’ve been on the edge of buying my pc components but I want to get them a little slowly buy buying them 2-3 at a time. My components are: 

• Amd ryzen 5 5600x
  • Gigabyte GeForce rtx 3060 vision
  • Asus rog strix b550 a gaming
  • Lian li O11D mini Snow White 
  • Corsair dominator 16gb ram
  • 1TB m.2 
  • Nzxt kraken x53
  • Cooler master 750w sfx psU
  • 7 case fans 

if someone can give me a suggestion on what to buy first and so on it would be appreciated. 

Not too sure why you want to put a gigantic watercooler on a 5600 which iirc is a 65w chip. You could spend a quarter as much on the cooler and be fine. Or spend the same amount and move up to a 3060ti.  Probably don’t need that many case fans. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Don't buy parts slowly. Either buy it all at once, or wait. Buying piece by piece is just going to get you an outdated system, and possibly DOA components that you can't return.

10 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Not too sure why you want to put a gigantic watercooler on a 5600 which iirc is a 65w chip. You could spend a quarter as much on the cooler and be fine. Or spend the same amount and move up to a 3060ti.  Probably don’t need that many case fans. 

Not sure what you mean by gigantic, 240mm isn't that bad, and if he wants the AIO look that's a pretty average cost AIO.

Agreed on the fans and card though, unneeded. Though it sounds like he won't have the money to build for a while, so really, the 3000 series isn't a smart buy anyway.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

41 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Don't buy parts slowly. Either buy it all at once, or wait. Buying piece by piece is just going to get you an outdated system, and possibly DOA components that you can't return.

Not sure what you mean by gigantic, 240mm isn't that bad, and if he wants the AIO look that's a pretty average cost AIO.

Agreed on the fans and card though, unneeded. Though it sounds like he won't have the money to build for a while, so really, the 3000 series isn't a smart buy anyway.

Gigantic in terms of cooling power.  It’s way way more than a 65w chip needs.  As for AIO aesthetics that and possibly a small mobility advantage is the only thing there.  It’s sort of a fake spoiler on a car sort of move.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

54 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I’m putting a 240mm aio it’s because of the Lian li o11 mini. And I’m probably gonna probably put like 3-4 case fans at first. 

45 minutes ago, dizmo said:

What graphics card do u suggest as this is a first build I’m a little new to these things. Just something that’ll go good with the 5600x either nvidia or amd. 

16 minutes ago, Bilalsik786 said:

I’m putting a 240mm aio it’s because of the Lian li o11 mini. And I’m probably gonna probably put like 3-4 case fans at first. 

Is this a mini dynamic or mini air?  Assuming dynamic (the one with the glass front) it’s still got 170mm for an air cooler and it’s not very impinged.  The 90° turn the air has to make isn’t great but it’s very doable, and while the video card will be putting out a lot more heat than the cpu it’s still not a whale of a lot.  Plus that thing has an open top AND open bottom.  You could put a plug on the side vent and 2 fans on the top and 2 on the bottom and it would likely be fine.  The 5600 is eve available with a stock air cooler (which isn’t great but is serviceable) if you were running a hotter chip and a bigger video card it would be reasonable.  The thing is though you’re not.

20 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Gigantic in terms of cooling power.  It’s way way more than a 65w chip needs.  As for AIO aesthetics that and possibly a small mobility advantage is the only thing there.  It’s sort of a fake spoiler on a car sort of move.

Not necessarily. My 5900 can still ramp up pretty high even with a 280mm AIO. If you want to keep the chip cool and working without throttling then an AIO makes sense, especially if you like that look.

13 minutes ago, Bilalsik786 said:

What graphics card do u suggest as this is a first build I’m a little new to these things. Just something that’ll go good with the 5600x either nvidia or amd. 

Depends when you're actually building, what games you play, what resolution you'll have, etc etc.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Not necessarily. My 5900 can still ramp up pretty high even with a 280mm AIO. If you want to keep the chip cool and working without throttling then an AIO makes sense, especially if you like that look.

Depends when you're actually building, what games you play, what resolution you'll have, etc etc.

I’m  tryna play some high resolution games like cod, and rdr2 and some other games in those genres. 

4 minutes ago, Bilalsik786 said:

I’m  tryna play some high resolution games like cod, and rdr2 and some other games in those genres. 

Resolution depends on your monitor. Not the game.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

Yeah, that’s a 5900 though.  Different beast.  Much hotter.  It’s sort of 2 5600s with a speed bump to boot.  If the chip was even over 100w stock there might be an argument, but it’s not.

5 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Yeah, that’s a 5900 though.  Different beast.  Much hotter.  It’s sort of 2 5600s with a speed bump to boot.  If the chip was even over 100w stock there might be an argument, but it’s not.

Nope. They're both 65w chips. Very similar. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

9 hours ago, dizmo said:

Resolution depends on your monitor. Not the game.

Oh mb I’m tryna get a like 144hz -240hz monitor at like 1080p or 1440p

Either AOC 24G2 1080p 144Hz good value or some 1440p, depending where are you buying parts. US?

I edit my posts more often than not

3 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

Either AOC 24G2 1080p 144Hz good value or some 1440p, depending where are you buying parts. US?

Nah from Canada 

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, dizmo said:

Nope. They're both 65w chips. Very similar. 

5900 is 12 cores 5600 is 6, and there is an automatic bump from AMD built into ryzen in general based on number of cores.  Companies play with their official numbers but as far as actual heat production, the 3600 was truly 65w.  The 5900 is a bit above that but still not bad.  Maybe 75w.  It can still be cooled successfully by a NoFan radial cooler. The 5900 is twice that though, closer to 150w. It can’t. Still a lot better than intel chips of the same performance, but a lot hotter.  AMD may have printed “65w” on their documentation and even figured out a way  that it could be considered 65w, but the 5600 and 5900 are not the same heat production wise.  They do use the same cores which could be part of how AMD does that, but a 5900 has twice as many of them.