Shutdown

Hi I’m new here I don’t know if this is the right place, but I have a major problem an I need help.

My Pc starts normally, it runs normal but when I’m starting a Programm (Firefox, Games, Windows Updates…) it looses Power and it does a Hard Shutdown.

A week Ago everything worked fine without an Problem.

My spec:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT

RAM: 16GB (2x8GB)

Storage: 1x 120GB M.2, 1x 1000GB

Sandisk  SSD, 1x 240 GB Crucial SSD.

Power-supply: 750w Corsair

I hope you can help me.

Greeting From Germany 

Look in your event viewer to see what might be shutting down windows, Windows key + X, select Event Viewer or type Event Viewer in to the search bar on the bottom left and click on the app in the menu when it shows up. Then go to Windows logs and expand that, then click on system and look for all the errors or critical events, click on and expand the error or critical event to show more info, if you are able screen shot the ones that show up near the time you had a shutdown and post them here if it isn't clear what may have shut down your PC. 

I'm better at fixing people than PC's... For now. 

Remember to quote or tag my posts if you want me to see your reply I don't always follow the threads.

Also you could download an app like this https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ and run it, then try to run a program and see if your CPU is overheating. Also did you download any new programs recently and then notice issues right after the download?

including any new Windows updates or updated drivers.

Remember to quote or tag my posts if you want me to see your reply I don't always follow the threads.

It also could be a failing power supply, how old is the power supply?

On 6/13/2022 at 12:37 AM, MedicTim78 said:

Also you could download an app like this https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ and run it, then try to run a program and see if your CPU is overheating. Also did you download any new programs recently and then notice issues right after the download?

including any new Windows updates or updated drivers.

I downloaded HW Info, it’s overheating…

It has 90 degree Celsius almost from the beginning.

16 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

I downloaded HW Info, it’s overheating…

It has 90 degree Celsius almost from the beginning.

Alright, might have had a CPU cooler failure, or the mount came loose. I’d remove, re-paste and re-mount the cooler. Is it the AMD cooler or something else? 

On 6/13/2022 at 12:10 AM, Wimmer said:

Hi I’m new here I don’t know if this is the right place, but I have a major problem an I need help.

My Pc starts normally, it runs normal but when I’m starting a Programm (Firefox, Games, Windows Updates…) it looses Power and it does a Hard Shutdown.

A week Ago everything worked fine without an Problem.

My spec:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT

RAM: 16GB (2x8GB)

Storage: 1x 120GB M.2, 1x 1000GB

Sandisk  SSD, 1x 240 GB Crucial SSD.

Power-supply: 750w Corsair

I hope you can help me.

Greeting From Germany 

You don't have enough RAM. The gpu has 12 GB of dedicated memory. The amount of RAM memory must be at least double the dedicated memory of the pcie cards.

17 hours ago, FUIT1985 said:

You don't have enough RAM. The gpu has 12 GB of dedicated memory. The amount of RAM memory must be at least double the dedicated memory of the pcie cards.

I ran a 2080 ti (11GB RAM) with 16GB of system RAM for a long time, never had any overheating, not sure that has anything to do with his problem. Plus if the system runs out of dedicated RAM it'll use the page file space to store the less frequently used data.

8 hours ago, MedicTim78 said:

I ran a 2080 ti (11GB RAM) with 16GB of system RAM for a long time, never had any overheating, not sure that has anything to do with his problem. Plus if the system runs out of dedicated RAM it'll use the page file space to store the less frequently used data.

Yes, RAM isn't the only source of memory storage. But usually an inconsistent system with inadequate RAM will accidentally shut down. Obviously, an overheating problem cannot be excluded. 

Try to clear the RAM cache with Command Prompt... 

Type cmd in the search tab.

Select Run as Administrator.

When the Command Prompt appears type: 

ipconfig /flushdns

Press Enter on the keyboard. 

FlushDNS is an old trick, but it's not definitive. It is usually used to speed up web browsing, but the legend says that it also works with the ram. In theory, you should just monitor the ram in use and open only the applications you need.