Media PC Case ideas

Budget (including currency): None (ok not really but money isn't the problem)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Couch Gaming, Streaming, Music, Etc...

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc.):

I already have a fully built 5600x paired with a 2080ti and 32gb ram.  What I'm trying to figure out is what case to go with.  I realize I'll need to change motherboards so that's not an issue.  I would also like to support a 10Gb ethernet card so it would probably need to be a full height, horizontal case to have room.  The only things I can find so far are Silverstone cases that look the same as they did 15 years ago.  Does anyone have any ideas on something a bit more modern looking while maintaining the size needed for the build?  Should I consider a USB-C 10Gb NIC?.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I know I really don't need 10GB networking for this but my NAS pushed about 700MB/s so I'd like to take advantage of that. Most high end ITX boards top out at 2.5Gb onboard. 

https://www.newegg.com/raijintek-0r20b00210-black-mini-itx/p/287-001M-00001?Item=9SIA66ZD689509

I found the case above and it checks all of the boxes except having room for the 10Gb card.

I've been considering repurposing a Lenovo M71E in similar fashion. This one allows a slot for a slimline DVD drive for ripping / recording, or live playback...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081VV3SFH/?coliid=IKCE6R0XGRB3X&colid=1VB674OQ4GGAL&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

And here is a DVD drive that appears to be compatible.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C8HD6BT/?coliid=ILP5GJGUERSOD&colid=1VB674OQ4GGAL&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Edited by An0maly_76

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

If you want to try to find something that looks at home alongside an AVR and other set up boxes.. the Silverstone HTPC cases will probably be your best bet, especially if you want to use ATX sized motherboard and power supply.

Fractal Design made a HTPC case called the Node 605, but it's discontinued. 😔

You could probably find a used one for an okay price.

Win10 - AMD 5800X, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Elite, RX 6800XT Midnight Black, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, ARCTIC Liquid Freezr II 360-ARGB, Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB, Cooler Master V850, Fractal Design Meshify 2

unRAID - AMD 1700X, GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB, Noctua NH-D9L, WD Red 4TB x3, WD Green 2TB, Intel 160GB SSD, Seasonic S12III 550W, Fractal Design Node 605

pfSense - Intel i5 4570S, ASUS H97I-PLUS, Samsung Green 8GB, Zalman CNPS80G, WD Scorpio Blue 320GB, EVGA SuperNova GA 550W, Fractal Design Node 304

Wow, the Node 605 would have been perfect.  I could go with a micro-atx board and still accomplish my goals.