Logitech G600 side buttons aren't always responsive

mreloi

Some of the side buttons of my Logitech G600 aren't being responsive unless I continuously press it or press it in a specific way but after a while of not pressing the button it will go unresponsive unless I do the same thing again. The stuff I've seen about fixing the mouse mostly focuses on the left/right click issues on it so I'm not sure what to do to fix my issue.

36 minutes ago, mreloi said:

Some of the side buttons of my Logitech G600 aren't being responsive unless I continuously press it or press it in a specific way but after a while of not pressing the button it will go unresponsive unless I do the same thing again. The stuff I've seen about fixing the mouse mostly focuses on the left/right click issues on it so I'm not sure what to do to fix my issue.

Well, either the inside is dirty enough that it mess with the switch or the part of the button that make contact with the switch.
Or the switch itself is starting to break/fail.

It's more likely to be the latter.

Fixing it requires dismantling.
And probably some new switches.

Edit :

Just searched around and saw it uses membrane layer for the side button.
It's possible either this rubber dome layer is dirty or starting to break down due to usage
The side switches itself is a metal dome one, which usually rated for like 5 million click

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Which software are you using?

About two years ago I was starting to have issues with mine, I was still using Logitech Gaming Software at the time.

Switching over to GHUB corrected some of the issues I was having.

Though it may be age related as well as Poinkachu stated.

Win10 - AMD 5800X, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Elite, RX 6800XT Midnight Black, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, ARCTIC Liquid Freezr II 360-ARGB, Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB, Cooler Master V850, Fractal Design Meshify 2

unRAID - AMD 1700X, GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB, Noctua NH-D9L, WD Red 4TB x3, WD Green 2TB, Intel 160GB SSD, Seasonic S12III 550W, Fractal Design Node 605

pfSense - Intel i5 4570S, ASUS H97I-PLUS, Samsung Green 8GB, Zalman CNPS80G, WD Scorpio Blue 320GB, EVGA SuperNova GA 550W, Fractal Design Node 304

Try what @Deeya said first, since it's non invasive.

If you want to dismantle it, make sure you have a spare mouse feet (unless you're really good at taking it off without damaging it).
Clean the side pcb using a good contact cleaner, let it dry well after.
Check the solder side (bottom side) of the PCB, see if there's any broken solder point.
Take off & Wash the membrane layer if possible, if not, clean it using lint free cloth. Make sure there's no water droplet left before you put it back (if you washed it).
Check for any tear on the layer, press test each of it for any indication of wear & tear

If problem persist, then it's most likely the switches itself needs to be replaced.
Although it is also possible that both the switch & the layer is worn out.

Seems to me that Logitech tried to cheap out by using a metal dome instead of standard micro switch or something.
I can find a $15 aliexpress obscure brand mouse in my cupboard with multi side buttons that uses standard micro switch or tactile switch. XD

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Their earlier ones were definitely built better.

I still have the launch version it definitely feels more premium in the hand.

I've grown so accustomed to the G Shift modifier for the ring finger it makes using other nice so hard especially for MMOs.

Win10 - AMD 5800X, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Elite, RX 6800XT Midnight Black, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, ARCTIC Liquid Freezr II 360-ARGB, Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB, Cooler Master V850, Fractal Design Meshify 2

unRAID - AMD 1700X, GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB, Noctua NH-D9L, WD Red 4TB x3, WD Green 2TB, Intel 160GB SSD, Seasonic S12III 550W, Fractal Design Node 605

pfSense - Intel i5 4570S, ASUS H97I-PLUS, Samsung Green 8GB, Zalman CNPS80G, WD Scorpio Blue 320GB, EVGA SuperNova GA 550W, Fractal Design Node 304

7 minutes ago, Deeya said:

Their earlier ones were definitely built better.

I still have the launch version it definitely feels more premium in the hand.

I've grown so accustomed to the G Shift modifier for the ring finger it makes using other nice so hard especially for MMOs.

I understand the feeling. I got accustomed to Rival 500 so much.
I ended up learning to solder a lot due to it.

Really though.... metal dome switches for an MMO mouse..., the designer must never been in an MMO raid before, they think it's only 5 click per play.

Refresh before you reply

41 minutes ago, Deeya said:

Which software are you using?

About two years ago I was starting to have issues with mine, I was still using Logitech Gaming Software at the time.

Switching over to GHUB corrected some of the issues I was having.

Though it may be age related as well as Poinkachu stated.

I am using ghub and it still does happen. I can try to dismantle it to clean it and see if everythings fine.