Thinking of buying the NZXT H1 instead of the Thermaltake Tower 100

Origami Cactus

I am aware of the controversy around the case, but that is also the reason why it is so cheap.

I would install a RTX 3080 TUF and a 5800x3D into it.

Main reason for change is the gpu orientation.

I wanted to get the Founders Edition 3080, but I learnt that it will never be in stock again, so I was a bit late. And traditional heatpipe gpus do really poorly in the Thermaltake Tower 100, I looked over a dozen completed builds, and anything with AIB cards was at 80+C at the GPU temp, even if undervolted, because again, physics.

Meanwhile the NZXT H1 fits the Asus TUF 3080, and temps are about 60c, because the heatpipes can actually work.

And because it comes with a PSU, I could sell my current SFX PSU for some money too, bringing the total to same.

And it includes a 140mm AIO.

Seems like a good option? 20c lower gpu temps, and much smaller.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NZXT/comments/j3zfzi/nzxt_h1_with_asus_tuf_3080_oc/ only 66c temps, and some have reported 60 with higher fan speed.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Ok I just went through with it, to finally put this behind me and to enjoy summer.

The 4080 will be faster, but it will come out in November, a bit late for me.

• 3 months later...

How is the H1? I'm also considering purchasing it for my new build with Ryzen 7600x, 4080 16GB!

9 hours ago, reinisb said:

How is the H1? I'm also considering purchasing it for my new build with Ryzen 7600x, 4080 16GB!

I like it. You definitely have to tune the fan curve, because at stock the 140mm fan ramps up quite high, so it can be loud.

I have a RTX 3090 and a R7 5800x3D in there, and the cooling and PSU are fine. But I had to undervolt the CPU a bit, otherwise at my quiet fan settings it would throttle. But the ryzen 7000 series is designed to run 24/7 at 95c, so I think 7600x would do fine even at stock settings.

Also I added a 120mm to the back, otherwise the ssd's would get quite hot thanks to the psu being right next to them.

Keep in mind that I have the NZXT H1 v1, the V2 should be a bit better cooling wise.

So you have to tune some things, it isn't quite plug and play case, but once you set it all up, nothing else comes close looks wise.