So I was going to LC 2 3090ti but...

SO I was looking at 12900ks and LC 3090ti in SLI however 40 series is rumored to be here so soon. Should I wait?

AND if i did wait here is what I'm looking at.

13900ks

2x 4090ti SLI

1 or 2 Samsung 990pro 4 tb or the firecuda 4tb?

EVGA or Sea Sonic 1600w titanium (Romor has it ill need a 2400PS which I don't think exist or ill have to buy 2 1600w PSU)

I am hoping 13th gen will solve stability issues with Win11. I personally never jump to new software or tech. Also what's the deal with ddr5? Everyone says its a joke. Can't run at advertised speeds. Is this a CPU/MoBo issue?

Anyways basically just writing down my thoughts for a new build but want to discuss it. Lets chat!

Budget (including currency): As much as it takes USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: League of legends. 🙂 JK blender and UR5

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Nobody here has a crystal ball to tell you how unreleased hardware will perform, whether it will support SLI, etc... Your question has no answer.

That said, SLI is pointless for gaming. Virtually nothing supports it and the games that don't will end up with screen tearing, frame time issues and the same FPS as a single card. If you really want to deal with an appropriate case, crazy cooling solution, 1500W PSU and everything else that comes along with a build like that for faster Blender renders, then go for it.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

If u want go baller build do a double loop with like crazy case that got space for like 2 480 rads (chances is gonna be caselabs case ) go for unique tubing  like carbon fibre.  . Or go something from singularity cases for watercooling cases that looks great 

16 hours ago, chaotic kronos said:

If u want go baller build do a double loop with like crazy case that got space for like 2 480 rads (chances is gonna be caselabs case ) go for unique tubing  like carbon fibre.  . Or go something from singularity cases for watercooling cases that looks great 

Usually when I build its function over form, so Id use flex tubing on an open bench/case design. For maintenance. I was at Microcenter the other day with everything in my cart. They were missing the more advanced LC stuff. 

48 minutes ago, TECHNOMANCER303 said:

Usually when I build its function over form, so Id use flex tubing on an open bench/case design. For maintenance. I was at Microcenter the other day with everything in my cart. They were missing the more advanced LC stuff. 

Most singularity case designs are open case designs that's why I chose them. If u are set on a brand like ek or alphacool.  Just order from their website or someone like performance pc or titan rig . I got my whole loop from titan rig as . I has like 90% ek and gpu block alphacool (ek didn't have one for my gpu) and some bitspower things like ball valve and temp sensor and some g1/4 plugs that I liked their design. While iam not a big fan of soft tubing.  There is no doubt that hands down its more functional and secure. 

On 6/6/2022 at 4:06 PM, chaotic kronos said:

Most singularity case designs are open case designs that's why I chose them. If u are set on a brand like ek or alphacool.  Just order from their website or someone like performance pc or titan rig . I got my whole loop from titan rig as . I has like 90% ek and gpu block alphacool (ek didn't have one for my gpu) and some bitspower things like ball valve and temp sensor and some g1/4 plugs that I liked their design. While iam not a big fan of soft tubing.  There is no doubt that hands down its more functional and secure. 

Thanks Ill have to check them out! And all my past builds have been maintenance free air designs.

23 minutes ago, TECHNOMANCER303 said:

Thanks Ill have to check them out! And all my past builds have been maintenance free air designs.

Well good luck 

40 series won't be long now, and is rumored to be MUCH faster than 30 series, so I would wait before spending THAT kind of money.

If you are building midrange, you can buy now, since the first cards out will be 4090 and 4080 tier. The xx70 and xx60 series always come later.

4 minutes ago, chaotic kronos said:

Well good luck 

Thanks we are actually having a great discussion on power draw for GPU/CPU here 

Just now, maartendc said:

40 series won't be long now, and is rumored to be MUCH faster than 30 series, so I would wait before spending THAT kind of money.

If you are building midrange, you can buy now, since the first cards out will be 4090 and 4080 tier. The xx70 and xx60 series always come later.

Yeah that is what i figured, if 12th gen wasn't a boof id go for it. But i never adopt new tech/ architecture. 13th gen should be more refined and ddr5 should be more main stream.

Why even watercool other than purely for aesthetic reasons?

imo custom water is a complete joke only for ppl that wanna show off theyre builds, though judging by this

On 6/7/2022 at 5:11 AM, TECHNOMANCER303 said:

Usually when I build its function over form, so Id use flex tubing on an open bench/case design

Id assume you wanna have a go at ocing, unfortunately cpu oc is dead and has been dead since 9th gen, though gpus and ram oc are still very much alive and will give noticable benifits (though for ram oc that depends on appplication), even then gpus should still oc fine on theyre stock coolers

if you wanna have a noticable oc boost from watercooling id suggest using a big car/truck rad or 2, no point going water when you arent keeping your components near ambient or under 60c when loaded

Basically dont bother with watercooling unless you wanna run a beefy car/truck rad or 2 for minimum below 60c operation at all times due to normal aircoolers being fine for cpus and gpus

On 6/6/2022 at 11:26 AM, TECHNOMANCER303 said:

Also what's the deal with ddr5? Everyone says its a joke. Can't run at advertised speeds. Is this a CPU/MoBo issue?

Because ddr5 is overpriced garbage that nets you very little extra performance over ddr4, even cheap oc rams like ballistix that can do 4600+ cl18 will destroy even the highend ddr5 kits, even if you are lazy and just oc to 4000 cl16 itll still wipe most ddr5 performance wise

Also binned samsung b die kits that can do 5000 cl16 at near 1.75v, so lets just say ddr5 has got alot of competition which is cheaper and straight up superior performance wise

If were not talking ludicrous oc rams 3200 and 3600 ddr4 will perform similarly to 5200 ddr5 which is the main reason everyone is bashing the sht out of ddr5, why pay 2x markup for basically the same performance?

Basically ddr5 is trash because its a new standard and has not shown much performance improvement over ddr4 or gets straight up beaten by ddr4, maybe wait a year or 2 for faster kits to become mainstream for ddr5 to become worthwhile